Vacation (2015 Comedy Adventure Movie)  » Movies  »
2.0
  • I automatically assumed that it would be funny because I did find some of the movies enjoyable, and I thought that the trailers made it look promising
  • As it turns out I barely found any of the jokes funny
  • Everything else was boring, tragically unfunny or just plain cringeworthy
  • Kevin bullies James throughout much of the movie, and I didn't think it was funny at all, but what I found to be the most uncomfortable about their scenes together would be Kevin's misogynist jokes
  • I was actually a bit disappointed to realise that I didn't get to see most of the original actors from the first movie, and then I was happy to know that at least Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo might be in the movie

by Redtape

If you’re like me and you loved many of the National Lampoon movies, you were probably very eager to watch the 2015 movie “Vacation”. The thing about the movie is that it was the fifth in the list of National Lampoon’s Vacation series and it is supposed to be a part 2 to the movie National Lampoon’s Vacation which was released in 1983.

I automatically assumed that it would be funny because I did find some of the movies enjoyable, and I thought that the trailers made it look promising. However, I realised I was wrong when I managed to actually see it.

• Vacation( 2015 Comedy Adventure Movie)
  • In the movie, Rusty Griswald (actor Ed Helms) from the previous National Lampoon’s Vacation is grown up and now has a wife and children of his own. The relationship between him, his wife and two sons is fairly strained. One day they have their friends Jack and Nancy Peterson along with their two children over for dinner, and the Griswald family listens to them discuss their recent trip to Paris. It is at this moment that Rusty realises how distant he and his family are.

Rusty remembers a road trip that he and his family made to Walley World amusement park back when he was still a child, and he decides that the family should forgo their annual vacation to a cabin located in Cheboygan, Michigan and instead go on a road trip to Walley World.

The trip is filled with so many misadventures that instead of bringing the family together like Rusty hoped, it might actually rip them apart.

• Vacation( 2015 Comedy Adventure Movie)
  • The trailers for this movie made it seem like something I might actually enjoy. I’m actually a huge fan of movies that carry the “Road Trip” theme and always interested to see the misadventures that come along with them. Thus I was extremely excited and couldn’t wait to see it. However, I guess it was a blessing that I actually ended up waiting till it was released on Blu-ray instead of actually watching it in the theatres.

As it turns out I barely found any of the jokes funny. Many of the scenes that I could actually crack a smile at were in the trailer or they were in clips that were released to the public beforehand. Everything else was boring, tragically unfunny or just plain cringeworthy.

For example, there is the entire relationship dynamic between the reserved and sensitive older teenager James, and his cruel younger brother Kevin. Kevin bullies James throughout much of the movie, and I didn’t think it was funny at all, but what I found to be the most uncomfortable about their scenes together would be Kevin’s misogynist jokes.

• Vacation( 2015 Comedy Adventure Movie)
  • On the other hand, there were one or two scenes that I did find fairly funny. There were two scenes in particular that stood out to me throughout the entire movie. One scene was where the Griswalds are driving on the road and Rusty spots a hot model driving in a convertible.

While driving Rusty is mesmerized and she flirts with him for a little bit all the while taking her eyes off the road and ends up crashing into something.

The other scene was where they ask a man for directions and realises that he has a large rat on his shoulder. Rusty asks him what his pet rat’s name is and the man looks shocked to find that there was rat on his shoulder. I’m still laughing about that.

• Vacation( 2015 Comedy Adventure Movie)
  • The acting might not have been terrible, and I personally think that the actors didn’t really have much to work with overall. I was actually a bit disappointed to realise that I didn’t get to see most of the original actors from the first movie, and then I was happy to know that at least Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo might be in the movie.

I wasn’t completely sure what to make of Ed Helms playing the adult Rusty Griswald at first either. However, I warmed up to the idea a little later. I thought that had there been a better screenplay and had the movie been directed a little better he would have actually been funnier.

• Vacation( 2015 Comedy Adventure Movie)
  • I didn’t really like the ending either. I thought that it was very cliche and predictable. In the end what happens is that they all finally make it to Walley’s World with their bond as a family stronger than ever, and they even get into a fight in the end with Rusty’s rival and his family.

Personally I would have liked it if something extra hilarious and shocking happened in the end to make it memorable and give us the audience one last laugh.

If you’re looking for a comedy that will leave you on the ground in tears, this is probably not it. It’s full of crude jokes most of which aren’t actually funny and tends to get a bit boring from time to time.

sumit meel says :

re : I automatically assumed that it would be funny because I did find some of the movies enjoyable, and I thought that the trailers made it look promising
Yes I watched this movie its comedy is really brilliant and it is able to make laugh to every viewer

Andrew Leith says :

I laughed so much with this movie “Vacation” I still laugh when I think about it. It’s great fun movie for people who love comedy. The trailer made it very promising, and realized the moment I had seen the trailer, I had to watch this movie. I was not disappointed.

Teairra Beavers says :

I took my mom to see this movie because she loved the originals so much. It was a bit disappointing to be honest.

Rumba says :

For me the most disappointing moment in this movie was Chris Hemsworth. Love him in “Thor” and “Blackhat”. I think he should choose the movies for his filmography more carefully.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1116031653570631/k2311a0316/3.16.16