Spectre (2015 James Bond Film)  » Movies  »
  • Despite the fact that I thought the plot had a lot of potential on paper, I actually thought that it wasn't as good as it could have been
  • I definitely thought that it was a suspenseful way to begin the movie
  • It has gotten a lot of bad reviews and while it does have a lot of potential it was still not one of the best James Bond movies

by Redtape

A lot of people I knew were very excited to see the movie Spectre as soon as it was released. While my excitement didn’t necessarily reach their level, I was certainly curious to see what it would be about since my interest in James Bond movies had been rekindled over the past couple years. After I watched it recently though I have to be honest that it wasn’t as good as I’ve come to expect from a James Bond movie even though I did enjoy it somewhat.
  • Spectre (2015 James Bond Film)
  • 2015’s “Spectre” was actually the twenty fourth in the lineup of James Bond films released over the years. In this one Daniel Craig portrays Bond for the fourth time, and is a continuation to the events experienced in Skyfall.

At the beginning of the movie James Bond executes a mission that has been deemed unauthorised by the newly merged MI5 and MI6. During the mission he kills the international terrorist Marco Sciarra, and steals his ring which has a strange and familiar octopus shaped symbol on it.

He is suspended from the field by his boss M who was dissatisfied with his actions, especially taking into consideration that the new head of the organisation, C is trying to have the “00″ section that Bond is a part of closed down.

Despite the admonishments and warnings he receives Bond pursues the case around the odd ring with the octopus shaped symbol; and he unearth’s a truth that it is linked to a very powerful international criminal organisation called “Spectre”. It is led by a man previously assumed dead, Franz Oberhauser.

Thus James Bond, along with his team of Eve Monneypenny, Dr. Madeline Swann, the daughter of a former Quantum member and MI6’s technologically efficient “Q” carry out the mission of eliminating this terrorist organisation.

• Spectre (2015 James Bond Film)
  • Despite the fact that I thought the plot had a lot of potential on paper, I actually thought that it wasn’t as good as it could have been. As a matter of fact I thought that the movie was a bit too tame and there were several other things that I disliked about it.

Nevertheless, I do have to give Spectre some credit for several scenes that I actually liked. Number one on the list by far would have to be the opening scene where Bond is in Mexico City during the “Day of the Dead” celebrations pursuing Marco Sciarra.

I loved the scene because I thought it was electrifying and action packed. I definitely thought that it was a suspenseful way to begin the movie.

• Spectre (2015 James Bond Film)
  • In Spectre the famous actor Christopher Waltz who a lot of people might know from movies such as Django Unchained, Inglourious Basterds and Horrible Bosses 2 plays the role of the villain “Ernst Stavro Blofeld” or “Franz Oberhauser”, a man previously assumed to be deceased.

While I personally thought that he could have done a lot better as the leader of Spectre he still managed to carry out a good performance especially watching him in scenes such as the one where Bond enters the spectre meeting and he appears as a mysterious dark figure presiding over all these powerful people.

• Spectre (2015 James Bond Film)
  • I definitely did not like the way that Spectre ended. I thought that it felt rushed and slightly ridiculous so I could definitely understand where so many bad reviews came from. First of all, let’s take into account the scene where Blofeld makes his escape in a helicopter while being shot at by James Bond. I’m still trying to figure out how it is physically possible for Bond to shoot down a helicopter from such a distance using only pistol. That makes so little sense taking into consideration the distance, the material the helicopter is made of and the angle that Bond was shooting from.

Then of course there was the helicopter crash that the villain survived. I’m still trying to wrap my mind around how he could have survived such an impact but I’m still at a loss.

• Spectre (2015 James Bond Film)
  • I personally thought that the worst scene in the entire movie had to be the very end where Bond ends up with Dr. Madeleine Swann. I was a little disgusted with that for two reasons. The first one was because I thought it was a little more realistic for Bond to end up with someone like “Moneypenny” a woman who he had known for a longer period of time and who he had a closer relationship with.

The second reason was because I thought that James Bond settling down was a bit abrupt and not exactly part of his personality. Yes, I understand that someone can find the right person and settle down after a while. However it still felt very abrupt.

In conclusion if you’re a James Bond fan you might not necessarily like the movie Spectre. It has gotten a lot of bad reviews and while it does have a lot of potential it was still not one of the best James Bond movies.

Andrew Leither says :

t the beginning of the movie James Bond executes a mission that has been deemed unauthorised by the newly merged MI5 and MI6. During the mission he kills the international terrorist Marco Sciarra, and steals his ring which has a strange and familiar octopus shaped symbol on it. I added this bit in to let readers know that it’s another great movie and I even watched the movie trailer that went with a great review I was not disappointed and anyone who loves these kind of movies will be happy to add it to their DVD collection.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1110031653460731/k2311a0310/3.10.16