Silka Green Papaya Lotion

• by cattleya

I have dry skin and uneven skin tone. When I scratch my legs, I can see a white line forming and it stays like that. I would also like to have radiant and even skin tone because these equate to beauty and healthiness of my skin. I saw the Silka commercial on T. V. and I was convinced to try a couple of their products.

Silka Green Papaya Lotion claims to have moisturizing, exfoliating and whitening capabilities. It contains green papaya extract which is known to make the skin tone a couple of shades lighter. It also contains betahydroxy acids
      (BHA) that exfoliate the skin to remove dead and darker skin cells and replace it with newer and whiter skin cells. It also contains vitamin B3 which is known to whiten skin color. I chose the green variant because I’ve read from studies that green papaya is more potent in whitening the skin than the regular orange.

I used this product for months and I can say that it kept my skin from being dry and looking dry. I consumed about three or four bottles until I switched to other brands to try out. Though this was the case I have nothing bad to say about this product; it’s just personal preference.

As for its whitening and exfoliating effect, I experienced no micropeeling nor I didn’t notice my skin getting a couple of shades lighter. I do not expect these features to take effect on me anyway, though I was hopeful but got tired of waiting and waiting for my skin tone change into a lighter color. But I can safely say that it did make the color of my arms and tummy a bit even.

I also love the scent of this lotion. It is akin to the smell ...

• Silka Green Papaya Lotion
      of papaya shake and not the actual fruit. It smells sweet and fruity but I do not worry about bugs latching unto me because I smell like a fruit. It’s the perfumy version of s fruity scent.

Silka Green Papaya Lotion retails for 215 php for a 300 ml bottle. It is super affordable and a little product goes a long way. Mine lasted for about 1 1/2 months of everyday use. There is a bit of getting used to with this product because it tends to feel greasy after application at first, but my skin got used to it as the days go by.

The lotion leaves no white cast on the skin even if it contains SPF. It is easy to spread onto skin even if the consistency is a bit thick and not runny. But the product is not hard to dispense on the bottle. The bottle is slender which is easy to grip on and it has a flip cap opening.

One thing I wish for this product to be is that it should have a higher SPF. It only has an SPF of 10 so it’s not an alternative to sunblock if ever I’d go out during the day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319031653410631/k2311a039/3.9.16