Ant-Man (Superhero Movie)
  • However, while watching the movie, even though I still didn't think that the main character was better than say, a Captain America or Iron Man I was impressed enough to admit that guys with super-shrinking deserved some respect too
  • For example there was one of my favourite scenes in the movie where Ant-Man has an encounter with one of my favourite Marvel superheroes, Falcon
  • While Ant-Man definitely surprised me with how good it was, I think that what surprised me even more was how it hinted at this superhero joining Captain America's side during Captain America
  • I believe that the scene that hints to that is the one where Luis tells him a story that he hears from the grapevine about how Falcon was talking to a reporter about looking for Ant-Man
  • I definitely recommend this movie to people who like Marvel Movies because it's fun, hilarious and at the same time it's also this particular hero's introduction into the Marvel Universe

by Redtape

Ant-Man was possibly the only Marvel movie that caught me off-guard because I didn’t remember hearing of the superhero until after I saw the movie trailer, and because I wasn’t sure how seriously I could take one that had shrinking to the size of an ant as a superpower. However, while watching the movie, even though I still didn’t think that the main character was better than say, a “Captain America” or “Iron Man” I was impressed enough to admit that guys with super-shrinking deserved some respect too.
  • Ant-Man (Superhero Movie)
  • In case you never bothered to watch it or never heard of it the movie is basically about a reformed ex-convict who becomes a superhero after gaining access to super-shrinking technology.

When the movie begins we see a flashback of the scientist Hank Pym disassociating himself from S.H.I.E.L.D. in the late 1980s after finding out about the organization’s attempts to recreate his “Ant-Man” shrinking technology.

Later on in the movie Pym manipulates a well-meaning ex-convict, Scott Lang into stealing his Ant-Man suit so that the man can steal another recreation from his former protege, Darren Cross after fearing what Cross will use it for. Thus, Ant-Man is born.

• Ant-Man (Superhero Movie)
  • As I previously mentioned, the thing about the superhero Ant-Man is that it’s very easy to laugh at or dismiss him since he has the power of super shrinking. I didn’t even take the movie seriously enough to want to watch it in theatres even when I saw the trailer. However, once I actually saw it, I realised that it was the way that the entire story was executed on screen as well as the fact that the movie didn’t take itself too seriously that made me appreciate it even more.

The movie in particular makes fun of the idea of super shrinking several times, while at the same time maintaining some form of seriousness. As a result I was able to appreciate some scenes like the one where Scott Lang discovers the suit’s ability to shrink and finds himself witnessing one of his friends about to take a bath.

• Ant-Man (Superhero Movie)
  • While the movie does make fun of itself from time to time it also forces you to take the suit and its powers very seriously. There were several scenes in which the protagonist has a chance to demonstrate his physical strength while shrunk in his suit.

For example there was one of my favourite scenes in the movie where Ant-Man has an encounter with one of my favourite Marvel superheroes, Falcon. One would think that as a result of his small size, Ant-Man would have quite a bit of difficulty holding his own against Falcon. However, he surprised me the viewer by providing Falcon with a formidable opponent.

• Ant-Man (Superhero Movie)
  • Another of my favourite scenes in the movie was where Ant-Man shrinks himself to an atomic level. At that moment it seems as if he has sacrificed himself for the safety of the world and his family and it would be impossible for him to return to normal size. Nevertheless, the tune soon changes once Scott finds a way to defeat the odds and grow back to normal size before he is forever lost to the world.

• Ant-Man (Superhero Movie)
  • While Ant-Man definitely surprised me with how good it was, I think that what surprised me even more was how it hinted at this superhero joining Captain America’s side during Captain America: Civil War even though the movie still won’t be out for some time. I believe that the scene that hints to that is the one where Luis tells him a story that he hears from the grapevine about how Falcon was talking to a reporter about looking for Ant-Man.

I definitely recommend this movie to people who like Marvel Movies because it’s fun, hilarious and at the same time it’s also this particular hero’s introduction into the Marvel Universe.

Ajayjah Allen says :

re : However, while watching the movie, even though I still didn’t think that the main character was better than say, a Captain America or Iron Man I was impressed enough to admit that guys with super-shrinking deserved some respect too
This movie can relate to real life depicting the impact of how small something or someone may be never underestimate what it can do.

Hazel says :

It is true that Ant man cant be compared to captain America nor Ironman because these super heroes have their own qualities that makes them unique. Antman deserves respect too like every superhero does.

RV says :

re : I definitely recommend this movie to people who like Marvel Movies because it’s fun, hilarious and at the same time it’s also this particular hero’s introduction into the Marvel Universe
I agree,Marvel movies contains not only happiness and fun but also some knowledge in daily life.Ant Man have also have a traits that fits in the other Marvel Superheroes.

Andrew Leither says :

For example there was one of my favourite scenes in the movie where Ant-Man has an encounter with one of my favourite Marvel movies. I agree with you that it surprised you on the fun and how he met this superhero. I have yet to see the movie. it also forces you to take the suit and its powers very seriously.

Allain Paolo Arcinas says :

Ant-Man is a no hear-hero for me but it was cool and gave lots of easter eggs for upcoming Marvel movies. I love the way they cut out the story to make it faster and time-efficient.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1125021653280629/k2311a0225/2.25.16