Tempting the Best Man, novel by J. Lynn (Gamble Brothers #1)  » Books  »
  • It wasn't the best book ever, but I do see some potential in this
  • Obviously, I think it's really hard to reach the level of perfection she achieved with her Obsidian saga, but I'm still hopeful since she's awesome
  • They had an amazing friendship that unfortunately ended one night, when they decided to take things a little further to see what would come out of it
  • She's one of the nicest people and could easily be your friend, but unfortunately she's in love with what she thinks is an impossible
  • Fortunately, I really enjoyed the second one, so I do recommend the series

• by Andy Diaz

I read this book because I’m an unconditional fan of Jennifer L. Armentrout and I wanted to see how well she would developed in her facet as a romance/erotica writer. It wasn’t the best book ever, but I do see some potential in this. Obviously, I think it’s really hard to reach the level of perfection she achieved with her Obsidian saga, but I’m still hopeful since she’s awesome.

The first book in The Gamble Brother’s series tells us Madison’s story. She’s been in love with the youngest brother, Chase, since she was a little girl and they played together. They had an

amazing friendship that unfortunately ended one night, when they decided to take things a little further to see what would come out of it. Now her brother’s getting married and she’s the maid of honor, and Chase the best man. Something that’s not even funny to her.

So this is where the story begins. We have Madison, a warrior that has triumph in life with an amazing job that she absolutely loves and an almost perfect life. And I say almost, because it would be completely perfection if only Chase was interested in her. I really liked how strong Madison was and how disinterest she is with everyone. She’s one of the nicest people and could easily be your friend, but unfortunately she’s in love with what she thinks is an impossible.

And then there’s Chase. The typical guy with a shitty past who doesn’t think he deserves to be happy at love. He’s also a winner, has he’s own business and makes lots of money. He’s considerate, sexy and a great man overall.

Everything is great until there. The problem I had with it is that it’s too short. I felt like I needed a bit more from it. The story feels too abrupt, I ...

• Tempting the Best Man, novel by J. Lynn (Gamble Brothers #1)
      think with a couple hundred pages more and more insight in the story would’ve made something amazing. They were completely necessary to develop the relationship between Madison and Chase a little more. They supposedly know each other since they were kids, but it’s not something we see in the book, and I think the author should’ve put a little more background for them so we could feel more connected to their situation. As I reader, I felt like their personalities were also something I was left wanting more from, I don’t think I connected with them as much as I’ve liked. Sometimes is
      necessary to show things instead of just writing them in a sentence.

But despite all of that, I think Jennifer told a good story, it was smooth enough not to bore me at any moment and the alternative points of views were great because we get to meet both characters and their feelings, something that helped a lot since the book is so short. I enjoyed what she gave me, even thought I was left wanting more. It’s good to just spend the time, but I was a bit disappointed, I can’t lie. Fortunately, I really enjoyed the second one, so I do recommend the series.

Andrew Leith says :

This was helpful very interesting read and happy to read your post.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1719021653210429/k2311a0219/2.19.16