Cape Cookies’ Luxury Rusks - Honey & Almond  » Food  »
  • I recently discovered the Honey and Almond flavour of the Cape Cookies Luxury Rusks range, and I am very impressed
  • The rusk to honey to Almond ratio in my opinion is perfect
  • I will definitely be buying more of these

by Melissa van der Westhuizen

I absolutely love eating Rusks with my coffee. It’s an age old tradition in our house since I can remember! I recently discovered the Honey and Almond flavour of the Cape Cookies Luxury Rusks range, and I am very impressed!
  • Cape Cookies' Luxury Rusks - Honey & Almond
  • The rusks are packaged in foil packaging and this keeps the Rusks fresh and always tasting great. The rusk to honey to Almond ratio in my opinion is perfect. I’ve found with some other brands you’ll find some of the rusks not containing the “special ingredient” advertised on the box. But this is not the case with these rusks.

• Cape Cookies' Luxury Rusks - Honey & Almond
  • I enjoy the crunching of the rusk combined with the sweet, stickiness of the honey. When I dip it in my coffee I don’t have to hold it there for a long time for it to soften up a bit, and it doesn’t get so soft that it breaks off in the coffee. I hate it when that happens!

• Cape Cookies' Luxury Rusks - Honey & Almond
  • The texture and taste of the dipped rusk is very creamy and sweet, so, if you don’t like sweet stuff, this will not be for you. The box advertises that there’s 10% honey and 5% almonds, but it seems like it’s a bit more. The taste of the almonds aren’t overbearing though and that’s very good.

• Cape Cookies' Luxury Rusks - Honey & Almond
  • With them being so sweet, I can’t really eat a lot of them. I get kind of nauseous after too many, so I have to limit myself, sometimes that’s a bit hard to do because they really taste like…….MORE?!!

• Cape Cookies' Luxury Rusks - Honey & Almond
  • Cape Cookies Luxury Rusks are manufactured in South Africa, which is great because I love supporting local businesses. And this of course means that they aren’t hard to find in the shops!

I have found my new favourite rusk. And I can safely say it’s also a hit with my little girl as well. I will definitely be buying more of these!

DONNA says :

re : I recently discovered the Honey and Almond flavour of the Cape Cookies Luxury Rusks range, and I am very impressed
Honey and Almond goes well together and they are good for you . I love these Cookies

Melissa van der Westhuizen replies :

They really are And this brand has a wide variety of other flavors as well. They even have Black Forrest flavored rusks and muesli and yogurt flavored cookies

Vikrant says :

Honey and Almond in any product definetely helps to make it more worth while.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272021652920929/k2311a022/2.2.16