Diorshow Waterproof mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • I believe, that every woman has a problem when it comes to choosing a right mascara
  • I would like to share my experience on DiorShow Waterproof mascara, as it was my latest purchase
  • Overall, I would recommend this mascare to those, who are seeking for a really waterproof one

by Svetlana B

I believe, that every woman has a problem when it comes to choosing a right mascara. The problem concerns not only its specific characteristics, but also brand and price. I have tried uncountable quantity of mascaras with different formulas, starting from mass-market ones, such as Avon and ending with the ones from luxury segment, such as: Helena Rubinstein, YSL, Chanel and Dior. I would like to share my experience on DiorShow Waterproof mascara, as it was my latest purchase. For the last few times, I have used Dior Show Iconic, which was perfect at every aspect besides the price.
  • Diorshow Waterproof - perfect waterproof mascara, but has drawbacks.
  • Firstly, the mascara comes in a very nicely designed tube, which looks like something that luxury product should look like. Unlike YSL or Guerlain tubes, Dior is designed in a way, that it can be easily carried in a regular size cosmetic purse and also fits in the hand perfectly. The formula of the mascara itself is not too liquid - it is quite thick and covers every single lash evenly. The brush of the mascara is classic - it is fluffy and little hairs have equal density all over the brush. I, personally, prefer such type of mascara brushes. Dior Show covers every lash evenly, however, sticks them together a bit near the eye lid. The color is very intense - mine is black. If I apply it twice - the color becomes even more intense and does not fade during the whole day. The mascara is waterproof - no rain or snow can ruin it. Hence, if while applying I accidentally smear a bit - it has to be removed immidiately, as when it dries, it becomes quite hard to remove. The mascara does not give an effect of fake lashes - it gives natural look, which lasts all day. it’s huge drawback is that when it dries out (approx. in 1,5 months), it creates “crumbs” which smudge under the eyes and are hard to remove. Also, sometimes, the brush gets too much loaded with the product - you have to remove it by wiping the excess off the tube and the tube becomes messy and dirty easily. Overall, I would rate it as “perfect for the daily look”, but “not worth the struggle with removing”.

• Diorshow Waterproof - perfect waterproof mascara, but has drawbacks.
  • This is how my eyes look without the mascara. My daily look consists of: foundation (Chanel), brow pensil (Essense), eye shadows which I use for eyebrows (Chanel), contour kit (Sephora), bronzer (Sephora), lip balm (Carmex), highlighter (Naked) and mascara (Dior). Also, I always use the Beauty Blender (Sephora) and a set of brushes (Sonia Kashuk).

• Diorshow Waterproof - perfect waterproof mascara, but has drawbacks.
  • Before applying mascara, I do not use any special products, such as mascara base coats. Also, I do not use lash curler or any lash curling tools.

• Diorshow Waterproof - perfect waterproof mascara, but has drawbacks.
  • With Dior Show Waterproof my lashes became not just colored, but also longer and thicker. It does not curl them much, but I do not look for over curled lashes during the day. The mascara works for the sexy evening make up as well, but must be applied at least twice. By the way, I tried to apply this mascara on the fake lashes - it perfectly sticked them up with my natural ones, however, its formula is too thick for the fake lashes - they lose the natural look.

Overall, I would recommend this mascare to those, who are seeking for a really waterproof one. For those, who does not remove eye make up before washing the face (like me), this mascara would be a disaster. The formula is good - it gives a natural look, neither too curly, nor too long. For its price, it can be a better product, at least which does not smudge and forms into “crumbs” after a month of usage. I guess, I will stick to my regular Dior Show Iconic, which is perfect for every type of make up I wear. Also, I would be glad to hear any comments regarding mascaras, especially from mass-market segment, as I would love to find a perfect match between the quality and price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312021652900929/k2311a022/2.2.16