Ion Block Rocker, Portable Bluetooth Speaker
  • I bought this portable speaker because it featured wireless connection via bluetooth and great sound, which was perfect for when I would coach Cheerleading at the school
  • I don't like to sit hours trying to figure out how to get the thing connected and how to use it
  • I found that when I connected via the aux cable the sound quality wasn't as good as when connected via bluetooth
  • I would definitely buy the upgraded version as well

by Melissa van der Westhuizen

I bought this portable speaker because it featured wireless connection via bluetooth and great sound, which was perfect for when I would coach Cheerleading at the school.
  • White, Ion Block Rocker, Portable Bluetooth Speaker
  • I loved the color of the speaker but soon realized that it wasn’t really practical when used mostly outdoors. But I chose the white one over the black one because it was something different and not all brands have these type of speakers in white.

• White, Ion Block Rocker, Portable Bluetooth Speaker
  • It is very user friendly and doesn’t need some or the other type of sound engineering degree to operate. Bonus! I don’t like to sit hours trying to figure out how to get the thing connected and how to use it. I simply switched it on, searched on my bluetooth enabled device for the Ion Block Rocker, pressed connect, and bam! Instant awesome sound playing straight from my phone. I loved it!

• White, Ion Block Rocker, Portable Bluetooth Speaker
  • Moving it around was also very convenient as it has a telescope handle that you can use to pull it around with. I didn’t have to pick it up and move it while we were practicing, building arm muscles I didn’t necessarily want, and I could literally use it anywhere for practice and parties.

• White, Ion Block Rocker, Portable Bluetooth Speaker
  • There is 2 ways of connecting your device to this speaker, via bluetooth or aux cable. I found that when I connected via the aux cable the sound quality wasn’t as good as when connected via bluetooth. And the sound was a little softer as well. I initially thought that the USB port could be used to connect a USB stick and play music like that, but found out that the USB port can only be used for charging your mobile device. Which was also really nice but I would have preferred it if it could play music as well.

• White, Ion Block Rocker, Portable Bluetooth Speaker
  • It also comes with a mic, but the sound quality of the mic is not that good. The volume is low and people could barely hear me when I used the mic, at the end I just gave up using the mic and shouted instead…it was louder. The speaker has a built in AM/FM radio with a retractable antenna. It worked perfectly and didn’t need a lot of moving and wiggling to get the desired radio station.

All in all this is a very good product. I think Ion could definitely make some changes and upgrades to the system to improve the quality of the battery life (+/- 5 hours, even though they advertise that it can last for 12 hours), the mic quality and that ever misleading USB port so that it can play music and not only charge devices.

I would definitely buy the upgraded version as well. Had a lot of fun using this speaker for business and leisure outings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161021652880629/k2311a021/2.1.16