The Jacket Maker, custom-made leather jacket  » Clothes  »
www.thejacketmaker.com
  • When my absolute favorite jacket fell apart I asked this company if they could not only recreate my favorite jacket but to make it out of stronger material
  • Through Facebook I found an ad for The Jacket Maker who specialized in creating custom coats and jackets from video games, films, television shows, and comic books
  • The cost for my coat was about $300 plus free shipping but I'm sure it varies from order to order
  • I am so impressed with the quality of work they did

by Carmela H.

The Jacket Maker is a custom-made clothing company infamous for recreating famous jackets from movies, television shows, comic books, and video games. When my absolute favorite jacket fell apart I asked this company if they could not only recreate my favorite jacket but to make it out of stronger material. My wish was granted.
  • The Jacket Maker
  • This was my original jacket. I purchased it from Charlotte Russe back in 2003 for about $35. Understandably for the price it was not made out of fine material. The outlining faux fur held up but the cheap vinyl material was about as strong as tissue paper. Over time more and more rips broke through the outer garment of the jacket until no more of the cheap black fabric existed (except for on the pockets and cuffs).

• The Jacket Maker
  • The above photo shows how the jacket looked after a decade of wear. As you can see, the outer fabric ripped away.

• The Jacket Maker
  • Through Facebook I found an ad for “The Jacket Maker” who specialized in creating custom coats and jackets from video games, films, television shows, and comic books. I figured if they could create jackets from those things– maybe they can recreate my favorite coat. The process was very simple. I contacted them through their website (www.thejacketmaker.com)and sent them as many detailed photos of how my jacket used to look at how it looked afterwards. I sent them photos of the buttons, the lining, the faux fur, the length, the back length, the cuffs, how the jacket looked opened, how it looked closed, and captured it in just about every angle I can think of. This really helped them reproduce the coat. From there all they needed were my measurements.

• The Jacket Maker
  • The cost for my coat was about $300 plus free shipping but I’m sure it varies from order to order. Prices may depend on what fabric you need and how long the jacket is. I was surprised to learn that getting my jacket remade in real leather was only $50 extra. Now my jacket really was going to be made to last!

• The Jacket Maker
  • My jacket arrived and I was so surprised at how well my coat was recreated! It didn’t look exactly the same but I just couldn’t believe how well they replicated the coat using only photos of the details. That’s right– they just used photos. There was no need at all for me to send my old coat to them!

• The Jacket Maker
  • I can not recommend this company enough! I am so impressed with the quality of work they did. Everything was exactly the same way it was on my old coat except they weren’t the same buttons and the faux fur, though it was the same color, it didn’t look exact to the original. Still, I have no complaints. It’s like my old jacket but better, warmer, stronger!

I couldn’t be happier with my new jacket! I wear it all the time and unlike my old one this jacket was made to fit me perfectly. The customer service was terrific too. There wasn’t much need for me to go back and forth with customer service after they received my photos and measurements. I will be ordering from them again someday. Plus, they have their own line of jackets they make too. It’s not just cosplay coats!

The Jacket Maker can be found via facebook page and at www.thejacketmaker.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5526011652770631/k2311a0126/1.26.16