Amazon.com Customer Service
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
  • Last Christmas I ordered a box of my Husband's favorite tea
  • We even contacted the Better Business Bureau but to this day the problem was never resolved

• by Carmela H.

My experiences with Amazon.com customer service has always been in a gray area. Some times the customer service is really great and other times it’s quite a nightmare. I would like to start with my more pleasant experiences with Amazon.com Customer Service.

One Summer, I ordered a few things for my husband and some friends. The order was a Godzilla Blu Ray, Godzilla t-shirt, and a Chia Pet. I go online to track my packages every day as soon as I am notified that my items shipped. One this particular time the item was marked “delivered” to my address but it never actually showed up. I don’t know if someone stole it from my porch or it was delivered to the wrong house. I contacted the post office and they told me to contact Amazon.

Though Amazon.com isn’t really responsible for their packages as soon as they leave the warehouse (and it says this in their terms of service)– Amazon quickly replaced

all of the items and gave me free shipping. The items arrived at my door within a few days. The previous shipment was still never found but I was entirely grateful that Amazon replaced the missing items.

Last Christmas I ordered a box of my Husband’s favorite tea. I ordered it about a month before Christmas in hopes that it would arrive on time. The tea was ordered through Amazon but it was from a third party seller who has Amazon fulfill their orders. My delivery date came and went with no package. The delivery date got switched on me about four times before it finally arrived. I almost didn’t get it in time for Christmas. I contacted Amazon.com Customer Service via e-mail and they quickly responded. They apologized for the inconvenience and gave me a $5.00 credit towards my next purchase.

Not all dealings with Amazon.com were as pleasant as I and my husband recently found out.

My Husband ordered my Christmas presents

last year through Amazon.com and everything went through okay. He got the shipment within a couple of days. Later that month he realized he was being charged overdraft fees on his Business bank account for a charge related to an Amazon purchase. He had no idea what the charge was as there was only a code on his account and no description other than that it was from Amazon.com.

So, we took turns calling Amazon.com. We thought maybe they were fraudulent charges. When we finally got through we found out it was for the presents he bought me. The total for that order was just over $50.

What happened was that my husband made a mistake and clicked on the wrong payment option without realizing it. It was an account with no money in it anymore. He explained this to Amazon.com and though they acted sympathetic they told him they sold his debt to collections and that he had to clear it ...

• Amazon.com Customer Service
      with them. They never contacted him for the payment. He never had any red flags when he accessed his account before. Amazon sold his debt to collections before he was even made aware of the debt. They never sent an e-mail, called him, or even left him a message on his account. They put him in collections without giving him a chance to pay it.

One representative named Allyson said she couldn’t find any record of Amazon contacting my husband about the unpaid balance. She also gave us a reference number just in case the matter was no resolved and we had to call back. Conveniently, this reference number couldn’t be found each time we called back and they refused to forward our phone calls to Allyson.

We expressed we would be happy to pay the balance we owed but we were not happy to be put into collections without being contacted first. We were even more unhappy to be put into

collections before having a chance to pay the amount. Amazon.com customer service never took us out of collections. They just kept trying to forward us to the collection department who said we waived our right to be notified of any outstanding debt when we access the amazon.com website which is not stated on any current Amazon.com term of service agreements. So, we believe our rights have been violated. We even contacted the Better Business Bureau but to this day the problem was never resolved.

Amazon.com Customer Service is great when you e-mail them. When you call them they are not very knowledgeable about what they are supposed to do or how to solve your problem. My advice is to simply make sure you never click on the wrong payment option when you order from their website. Keep your payment options current. Check them regularly. You don’t want to get put into collections without being contacted. Be careful because Amazon does not afford you any mistakes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4125011652760731/k2311a0125/1.25.16