Zoo - The TV Series (2015)  » TV  »
  • If you haven't seen this series yet, you are definitely missing out
  • I suggest you immediately find it and watch it
  • James Wolk (as Jackson Oz) Nonso Anozie (as Abraham Kenyatta) Nora Arnezeder (as Chloe Tousignant) Billy Burke (as Dr. Mitch Morgan) and Kristen Connolly (as Jamie Campbell) My favorite character thus far, is this huge, soft hearted, but not to be messed with, animal loving, funny guy named Abraham Kenyatta (played by Nonso Anozie)
  • Even though I absolutely love this series there is one thing I don't like
  • The recommended PG rating for this series on IMDb is 13 and I agree with this

by Melissa van der Westhuizen

OH. MY. WORD!!!! If you haven’t seen this series yet, you are definitely missing out! I suggest you immediately find it and watch it! Zoo is a 2015 TV series based on the James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge book of the same title. I would describe this series as an action filled mystery. Packed with some “sad” scenes as well as laughter guaranteed dialog from some of the characters.
  • Zoo - The TV Series (2015 - )
  • It starts out with unexplained animal attacks happening all over the world. A guy in Africa working as a safari guide, notices the strange behavior of the animals and decides to investigate after he realizes that his father’s research could possibly be factual and his predictions are coming true.

• Zoo - The TV Series (2015 - )
  • This series grabbed my attention immediately and I was nailed in front of the TV wishing this was a movie rather than a series because I didn’t want this episode to end. The story line is gripping and has many twists and turns that will have you thinking and plotting with the characters. The cast chosen for the main characters in this series is:

James Wolk (as Jackson Oz)

Nonso Anozie (as Abraham Kenyatta)

Nora Arnezeder (as Chloe Tousignant)

Billy Burke (as Dr. Mitch Morgan)

Kristen Connolly (as Jamie Campbell)

• Zoo - The TV Series (2015 - )
  • My favorite character thus far, is this huge, soft hearted, but not to be messed with, animal loving, funny guy named Abraham Kenyatta (played by Nonso Anozie). I almost threw a fit when, in episode one, something happened to him that would suggest that he would not be continuing in the series, but luckily he was saved! He always says something that makes me either giggle a bit or sometimes straight out laugh out loud!

• Zoo - The TV Series (2015 - )
  • Even though I absolutely love this series there is one thing I don’t like. That’s the story of Jamie Campbell (played by Kristen Connolly), basically she is out for “justice”, I would rather say revenge, on behalf of her home town that had some bad things happen to them at the hands of a global company, and you guessed it, chemicals are involved. I feel that this story line has been used in too many movies and TV series and has become a bit cliché.

• Zoo - The TV Series (2015 - )
  • One of the other characters has a transition from helpless damsel in distress to bad-ass French Intelligence agent, and I find it difficult to see her in this new position of “power” after she was originally introduced as a helpless woman.

• Zoo - The TV Series (2015 - )
  • You’ll see a wide variety of animals in this series, from dogs and cats to birds and bats and even the king of Africa, lions! I found myself analyzing the animals in each scene searching for the DEFIANT PUPIL in each animal they show. Don’t know what I’m talking about? You need to watch the series, they explain it in there and I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone.

• Zoo - The TV Series (2015 - )
  • Each and every episode has so much to offer and I can’t wait for the next episode to show. I get pulled into the story so much, even to the extent where I am actually, literally and visibly surprised when an episode is over.

• Zoo - The TV Series (2015 - )
  • The recommended PG rating for this series on IMDb is 13 and I agree with this. The reason is that even though the attack scenes aren’t very gory and visual, you can still hear the animal attacks and it is spoken of in every episode and this can be scary for younger viewers. I myself have two cats at home, and even at my age, after each episode my imagination runs wild. And believe you me…I will be checking my cats’ eyes from now on for that ever dreaded defiant pupil. :)

My recommendation? Watch this, watch this and again watch this. Zoo has a 7 out of 10 rating on IMDb, but I would give it a 9, it would be a 10 if it weren’t for the cliché part of the Jamie Campbell life story/ goal contribution to the series.

Still not convinced? Watch the trailer…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1025011652750731/k2311a0125/1.25.16