Sudocrem Barrier Cream - Baby Care Cream  » Baby care  »
  • With my baby I found that being a breastfed baby her dirty nappies tend to sometimes give her a mild nappy rash, as soon as I see this I immediately reach for the Sudocrem
  • As soon as I saw the Benzyl Alcohol I thought that it would burn when applied to open skin, but that was not the case
  • I love this cream because we literally use it for any skin condition and even when we (as the 2 year old would say) get ouchies
  • This presents a problem when having two kids to buy for where one tends to get eczema
  • It really is money well spent and you won't regret the purchase

• by Melissa van der Westhuizen

There’s a reason why the Sudocrem Barrier Cream is called a Baby “CARE” Cream and not only a Baby “BUM” cream, this cream is really suitable for almost all kinds of skin irritations and you can use it on sensitive skin.

This cream promises to soothe, protect and moisture and this is exactly what it does if not more! I use this cream on both my children whenever they have nappy rash or a scrape, and even

when my 2 year old’s eczema flares up. I find that the cream soothes the itchiness of the eczema on her legs and arms really well, she will go a long time without scratching or crying that it’s painful. With my baby I found that being a breastfed baby her dirty nappies tend to sometimes give her a mild nappy rash, as soon as I see this I immediately reach for the Sudocrem. While it helps to heal the rash it soothes the pain caused by the rash and it protects her bums from worsening.

The cream contains Zinc Oxide, Lanolin, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Cinnamate and Butylated Hydroxyanisole. As soon as I saw the “Benzyl Alcohol” I thought that it would burn when applied to open skin, but that was not the case. I tend to get razor rash and I applied some of the cream to my rash and ...

• Sudocrem Barrier Cream - Baby Care Cream
      there was no burn. The rash healed so quickly I was surprised!

I love this cream because we literally use it for any skin condition and even when we (as the 2 year old would say) get “ouchies”. It does a wonderful job of assisting with the healing process of the skin.

The only dislike that I can think of, is the price. Where I’m from, a 250g tub of Sudocrem can easily go for ZAR119 (in

store), ZAR90 (in store promotions) or ZAR85 (online). This presents a problem when having two kids to buy for where one tends to get eczema. The silver lining to this problem is that the cream is very thick and a little goes a long way. Just a thin layer of cream and you’re sorted.

I recommend this cream for everyone, babies, children, adults and even the elderly. It really is money well spent and you won’t regret the purchase.

India McIver says :

I’m very careful of what products to use on my babies, especially when it’s not a known brand name. I have actually found out that any rash creams that are`white’ make their bums breakout worse. And the`clear’ creams are very helpful.

Melissa van der Westhuizen replies :

Wow I didn’t even know that. Thank you for sharing this. Sudocrem is white in color, though, but it works? I have seen lately that my oldest one has a weird rash all over her body, I’ve applied Sudocrem on it but it’s not getting better, it’s not getting worse either.

Saba Haider says :

re : It really is money well spent and you won’t regret the purchase
I spent huge amount to buy it’s tub.. But it never worked for my children…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5422011652740531/k2311a0122/1.22.16