Ruger SR-40 handgun
  • My Ruger SR-40 is the first handgun that I bought, and I do not ever plan to sell it
  • That gun cost almost three times as much as mine did, and it jammed twice in about twenty rounds
  • When my life (or the lives of my family) depend on it, I am glad to be able to have a gun that I know I can count on
  • My other favorite feature of this gun (which is true of many Ruger semi-automatics) is that it has a small indicator on the top that is raised when a bullet is in the chamber
  • Perhaps the best part of this feature is that you can feel if it is loaded in the dark

• by Timothy Feldman

My Ruger SR-40 is the first handgun that I bought, and I do not ever plan to sell it. I have shot close to 1,000 rounds through it, and it has never jammed on me once.

The significance of that kind of reliability stood out to me recently when I shot a friend’s Springfield handgun (also .40 S&W). That gun cost almost three times as much

as mine did, and it jammed twice in about twenty rounds. When my life (or the lives of my family) depend on it, I am glad to be able to have a gun that I know I can count on.

It’s plenty powerful for self-defense, but it is also pleasant to shoot at the range. Even when firing many rounds at a time, it doesn’t wear out your hand or create any sore spots. It is extremely comfortable to hold, and it settles back nicely for a second shot after firing. The frame is synthetic, making it very light. This may increase the recoil a little bit over a steel frame, but it is much more comfortable to carry, and the increase in recoil is negligible.

My other favorite feature of ...

• Ruger SR-40 handgun
      this gun (which is true of many Ruger semi-automatics) is that it has a small indicator on the top that is raised when a bullet is in the chamber. It is easy to both see and feel whether this is raised, making it easy to know if the gun has one in the chamber or not. As always, a gun should always be treated as if
      it is loaded, but it is helpful to know what you actually have in your hand. Perhaps the best part of this feature is that you can feel if it is loaded in the dark. If someone breaks into your home at night and you need to grab your gun in the dark, it is still easy to know if it is ready to fire or not.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1221011652720631/k2311a0121/1.21.16