Waist Trimmer Belt by Danskin  » Health  »
  • I love using this product because I don't have to worry for example
  • However, I don't recommend using the belt throughout a yoga session because you might feel discomfort afterwards especially in the mid-section
  • For me, I think for the belt with single Velcro was a good fit around my waist
  • I prefer having an undershirt before wearing the belt to just add longevity to the belt and not let perspiration damage the material too fast

by Ossiriand10

After ending my rehab sessions for my back after suffering from painful back pains brought on by prolonged sitting in front of the computer last year, I also searched for a different lumbar brace not the usual medical brace which I also use when I needed to stabilize my back especially when I need to transfer a gallon of water from the floor to a low chair.

I was looking for a brace that I can use during my re-conditioning exercises which my rehab doctor I can do so a visit to the sport shop led me to the waist trimmer belt product.

• Waist Trimmer Belt by Danskin
  • This was a good find for me because it wasn’t too tight like the medical lumbar brace but still stiff enough to keep my back straight and stable while I do slow back exercises and stretching exercises.

• Waist Trimmer Belt by Danskin
  • This plastic ribs sewn into the material simulate like the ones found in the medical lumbar brace but more flexible and provided good amount of movement too while keeping my back and posture straight.

I love using this product because I don’t have to worry for example: I’m on all fours (simulate a yoga-style stance - the cat position) then start arching my spine to the sky before heading back to neutral position. I had the tendency to let my stomach droop which shouldn’t happen but with the belt, my core muscles were engaged. The belt reminded me to maintain a tight squeeze to my bellybutton so that I can build core to support my back properly through the routine.

However, I don’t recommend using the belt throughout a yoga session because you might feel discomfort afterwards especially in the mid-section. It happened to me and after a few days rest, the discomfort disappeared. So as always, consult your rehab doctor or check the product instruction/label for what exercises, it was good for.

• Waist Trimmer Belt by Danskin
  • Another feature I liked from this belt was that it was a single Velcro to fasten close unlike the medical lumbar brace were it has a pair of Velcro straps to accommodate maximum stability.

For me, I think for the belt with single Velcro was a good fit around my waist. When I exercised, I wasn’t too bothered with the belt. It wasn’t heavy. It didn’t felt too confining after finding my preferred snug-fit level around my waist. It was comfortable wearing it while jogging or doing jump-rope. The blue material very flexible and breathable.

• Waist Trimmer Belt by Danskin
  • The flexible plastic ribs braced my low back very nicely. The extra plus that this belt was also designed to help lose inches off the waist which was great too.

When I finished off my jogging or jump-rope, I could feel the extra perspiration pooling in the belt. I prefer having an undershirt before wearing the belt to just add longevity to the belt and not let perspiration damage the material too fast.

• Waist Trimmer Belt by Danskin
  • I usually let the belt air dry on cool, windy months but on hot months, I wash it and let it hang out to dry. I only don’t hang the belt directly to the sunlight because I had a feeling it will shorten the lifespan of the product.

All in all, I was fortunate my sport house had this on the shelf because I just couldn’t do my usual exercises without thinking the state of my back is, so with the product, I’m able to do my routine exercises in correct posture even if I’m doing my routines on half-speed these days now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347011652490831/k2311a017/1.7.16