Montblanc Emblem Intense (2014 Perfume for men)
  • I bought it for myself yesterday after trying out different perfumes at my local pharmacy, and so far I am very satisfied with the choice I've made
  • I know why you're buying perfumes, and I'm going to address this soon enough
  • I really like the less is more approach to design so it's great to see a packaging which doesn't scream out, but elegantly makes a point
  • The only thing I could find which I don't like so much is that because the bottle is shaped like a star, it essentially creates a round, bulky shape when it's in your pocket or your bag
  • I would recommend buying it and I would give it a score of 9/10

• by Roni GBZ

For every guy there comes a time when he needs to buy a new perfume. Today I’m going to talk about Montblanc Emblem Intense for men. I bought it for myself yesterday after trying out different perfumes at my local pharmacy, and so far I am very satisfied with the choice I’ve made. However, this isn’t going to be one of those reviews where I just describe you the perfume and how it smells like in some obscure terms with a lot of fruits involved. I know why you’re buying perfumes, and I’m going to address this soon enough.

But first, let’s talk a bit about the perfume itself. Montblanc needs no introduction. Since this company was founded more than a 100 years ago they’ve been manufacturing and selling many “novelty” items such as watches, jewelry, pens, perfumes, etc.

Emblem is their trademark perfume from 2014. It is actually two perfumes - the Emblem, and the Emblem Intense. Obviously the Intense version has a stronger smell, which I liked more than the softer version.

Packaging & Design

Packaging is very nice. A completely silver, elegant box with almost no special markings besides the name of the perfume and the famous Montblanc “white star” which is recognizable

enough. I really like the “less is more” approach to design so it’s great to see a packaging which doesn’t scream out, but elegantly makes a point. Inside the silver box there’s the perfume with some padding to protect it in case the box is damaged along the way to the store. Cool.

The perfume itself is shaped like the Montblanc star - a star with six points. It’s all silver as well just like the box. The top is a magnetic cap which opens to reveal the spray head. This is a pretty standard design for a lot of perfumes, but still cool and comfortable.

The only thing I could find which I don’t like so much is that because the bottle is shaped like a star, it essentially creates a round, bulky shape when it’s in your pocket or your bag. I usually like perfume bottles to have a more “flat” kind of design so they would fit nicely in my pockets in case I need to carry them around. But that’s a minor point. Other than that, great packaging and design.

Price

I bought it with a discount for about 83$, but the original price before the discount was marked 140$. This

is for a bottle of 100ml. On ebay though you can find it as low as 40-45$, so do your research well. Many perfumes today you can buy online much cheaper than the store, and if you’re willing to wait a week or two for the shipping, it’s usually worth it.

Smell

Now, let’s talk about smell. Montblanc’s website says it “begins with a splash of aromatic clary sage and cardamom mixed with sparkling grapefruit… impression of a strong and charismatic fragrance full of contrasts. Fresh, green and frozen violet leaves are wrapped in cinnamon to provide elegance to the composition… [and] intense woods and Tonka bean.”

I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t know what to do with this information. So I’ll give you a different approach instead.

Let’s face it, we guys, or at the very least straight guys, know why we buy perfume, and the reason is not “so we can smell like sage and cardamom”. The reason is so we can smell sexy for girls. And you cannot possible gather from a vague description of cinnamon and grapefruit whether this perfume will be right for you to attract the girls you like.

Luckily, I happen to have many female friends, who are ...

• Montblanc Emblem Intense (2014 Perfume for men)
      all gorgeous of course ;) So what I did is I went and asked them, recorded their answers, so now you are going to get the real female opinion on how this perfume smells to women.

With every girl I interviewed, I asked her to smell my wrist with the perfume on, and then asked what does this smell brings to her mind, and what score would she give this smell on a scale of 1 to 10. Here are my favorite answers:

Female Opinion #1

Q: How does it smell?

A: Sweet. Sweet and fresh at the same time. Smells like a guy’s aftershave.

Q: What do you think about when you smell it?

A: About a guy, and then about cheeks, and then about kissing, and then about making out.

Q: What score would you give this smell on a scale of 1 to 10?

A: I would give it 7. It’s high, but it didn’t blow my mind.

Female Opinion #2

Q: How does it smell?

A: Wow, that’s amazing, what is that?

Q: It’s a perfume I’m testing. What do you think about it?

A: Sexy. Fresh. Clean. A lot of perfumes have good smell but still make me sick, but this

one doesn’t. It’s gentle to my nose. It’s attractive.

Q: What score would you give this smell on a scale of 1 to 10?

A: I would give it 9.5. Tell me the name so I can buy it for my boyfriend.

Female Opinion #3

A: Really good.

Q: What do you think about when you smell it?

A: A guy who works with me.

Q: And who is this guy?

A: A bartender in a restaurant I work in. He usually does night shifts at the bar. I think he wears this perfume.

A: I would give it an 8.

Female Opinion #4

Q: How does it smell?

A: Smells good. Sexy. Smells like a man.

A: I would give it an 8.

So there you go, the girls have spoken. The average score was 8.125, and the consensus was that the perfume is sexy, attractive and smells like a man.

In conclusion, I’m very satisfied with this perfume. It’s simply designed, not too expensive, and has a great, sexy smell that is also favored by the girls. I would recommend buying it and I would give it a score of 9/10.

Have fun, guys! :)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5618121652180931/k2311a1218/12.18.15