Sia - Bird Set Free (Song)  » Music  »
  • But because I have been hearing good feedback of this song from my friends, I decided to give it a go and here's my thoughts
  • First, and foremost, it sounds definitely similar to her previous song Elastic Heart
  • It doesn't bother me though, because Elastic Heart was my favorite song from her previous album
  • For the negative part, I don't like how there's a lot of ahh's at the end of every chorus and specially at the end, it's very noisy and it ruins the song for me
  • Lastly though, I love that Katy Perry shoutout, You can hear me roar now

• by Laudemhir Jan Parel

Yes, that’s the real artwork for Sia’s newly debuted song titled “Bird Set Free”. She’s been getting weirder and weirder as she’s deeper into her career, now she’s refusing to have a camera in front of her face. Her album covers and live performances are so weird to be honest, but perhaps that’s her way of making the listeners focus on listening to the song, but sometimes the cover art is so atrocious that I refuse to listen at all. But because I have been hearing good feedback of this song from my friends, I

decided to give it a go and here’s my thoughts:

First, and foremost, it sounds definitely similar to her previous song “Elastic Heart”. The way she sings, the construction and production of the song and the melody really reminded me so much of Elastic Heart, so much that it’s almost a copy. It doesn’t bother me though, because Elastic Heart was my favorite song from her previous album.

Another positive thing, Sia’s vocals are topnotch as always. She’s really one of those few vocalists we have now that is capable of pulling off great vocal acrobatics. Although I do think that “Chandelier” still remains as her most “vocally-difficult” song.

I also love how it begins, with the piano and everything. I know it’s a definitely tired and not original production (which reminds me of an Adele song) but it’s captivating. And her voice is so good at the beginning. The drums in the pre-chorus adds little “oomph” in the song too.

For the negative part, I don’t like how there’s a lot of “ahh’s” at the end of every chorus and specially at the end, it’s very noisy and it ruins the song ...

• Sia - Bird Set Free (Song)
      for me. She could have cut them out, yes Sia, we know you are capable of that but it doesn’t add anything to the song at all.

But still, the chorus is insanely good. I know she’s not really a “pop” singer, but this one is definitely suited for pop radios. It’s so anthemic with all the drums and everything! This song is definitely the redemption of her upcoming album. Her previously released song “Alive” didn’t really connected with me. But this one does.

Another thing I noticed, it’s too short yet so long. It’s 4 minutes

and 12 seconds long but it’s only got two choruses, which is probably because of the long “ahh’s”. They could have been replaced with a nice bridge and it would have been better.

Lastly though, I love that Katy Perry shoutout, “You can hear me roar now!” which is cute because it is kind of iconic now!

I hope I can find some songs in her new album in this vein. Alive was particularly such a letdown that I decided not to bother with this song anymore. But I’m thankful I did, perhaps you should check it out too!

Khuongle says :

He is gay

Laudemhir Jan Parel replies :

Who is gay? Sia is a girl.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1414121652111231/k2311a1214/12.14.15