Troye Sivan - BLUE (feat. Alex Hope)  » Music  »
  • I loved the book and so I decided to check his cover, and I was blown away
  • And I think he's arrived to these places now, he's everywhere with nothing to worry about his upcoming career that he always wanted ever since he was a kid
  • It seems like I'm always disappointed with people, or to be specific, I'm always sad to be with people that I want to be with despite the fact that I can't ever have them
  • I know you're seeing black and white So I'll paint you a clear blue sky Without you I am colour-blind It's raining every time I open my eyes It is just so metaphoric and poetic
  • To end, this is definitely a beautiful song that everyone should check out, I was really touched with its message and I'm pretty sure most of you can relate as well

• by Laudemhir Jan Parel

Who would have thought that a 20 year-old guy from the land down under would deliver the album I always wanted to hear?

Troye Sivan is an openly gay singer from Perth, Australia. He released his debut album last week, it is called “Blue Neighbourhood”, from the lyrics of the opening track “Wild”.

I first heard him around 2 years ago, when he released a song called “The Fault in Our Stars”, which was also the time that I finished reading the book. I loved the book and so I decided to check his cover, and I was blown away! At that time I was hoping I would write something as great, emotional and as effective at the same time. But it seems like I couldn’t so I decided to just listen to it with awe!

Either way, he’s come really far now. I have witnessed his rise to stardom, it wasn’t

really easy, in fact it was a long way up, but then again, all roads will lead to some places. And I think he’s arrived to these places now, he’s everywhere with nothing to worry about his upcoming career that he always wanted ever since he was a kid.

A song from his album, “BLUE” caught my attention today. And I can’t help but share my thoughts about this song.

Featured in the song is the beautiful voice of Alex Hope, a girl Troye frequently collaborated in his album.

Sonically speaking, this is one of the far too many songs in the album that is really well-constructed, in terms of musicality, vocal delivery, melody, and production.

The lyrics though, are what hit me the most, especially these past few days. I am not in a relationship but I feel like I am, honestly I don’t understand. It seems like I’m always disappointed with people, or to be specific, I’m always sad to be with people that I want to be with despite the fact that I can’t ever have them. They are always temporary, and it really paints a sad smile in my face everytime I see them.

And then eventually, this girl came up to me and she really brightened everything that is dark in my sight. She managed to wipe away all the sadness in me. The lyrics in chorus say, “I want you to color me blue, anything it takes to make you stay” will forever be embedded in my heart. It is just so beautiful that a person will have to endure the sadness of the other to keep him/her. But for my case, it was different, I painted her blue, and then everything became bright!

My favorite line in the song is this one:

“I know you’re seeing black ...

• Troye Sivan - BLUE (feat. Alex Hope)
      and white

So I’ll paint you a clear blue sky

Without you I am colour-blind

It’s raining every time I open my eyes”

It is just so metaphoric and poetic. And it describes my feelings well enough. Indeed, without her I feel like it’s going to rain everytime I think of her. My previous black and white world is now colorful and bright thanks to her!

Blue is sadness, and so I can feel it in this song. The production is really quiet especially in the beginning. I know from the start this is a sad song, but it is definitely healing. I appreciate that I’m not the only one suffering with this kind of sadness, and this song is a testimony to that! It’s very piano-driven, which makes it even more impressive, but because it’s Troye Sivan, there’s definitely an electronic tinge somewhere in the middle to the end of the song which is

a very nice surprise and treat for us all.

In terms of the vocals, Troye wasn’t that much present in the song. He’s basically the beginning and the first chorus and then he just sort of became the featured artist. I understand that he wants to give the spotlight to Alex Hope which helped him so much to create his incredible debut. Alex has a really good voice, it’s cold and soothing, and she sometimes remind me of Colbie Caillat.

The song is not going to be a big hit, sadly. Radios will never like this kind of music, in fact without Adele, radios will continue playing Nae Nae, Dessert and all those other trap songs that are oversaturating the music industry. To end, this is definitely a beautiful song that everyone should check out, I was really touched with its message and I’m pretty sure most of you can relate as well!

Dasmin says :

Biased review and confusing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1414121652101231/k2311a1214/12.14.15