Justin Bieber - Love Yourself (Song)
  • In fact, this is Bieber in his most lyrical peak, though I think the credit should be to Ed Sheeran since he's most known for this kind of lyrics
  • That line is definitely one of my favorite, not that I agree of girl-shaming but it is just so autobiographically true
  • Listening to the album in its full length, I can definitely tell that Love Yourself is a highlight
  • It doesn't belong to the album sonically but it's one of the best

• by Laudemhir Jan Parel

Justin Bieber’s re-invention proved to be really a success. Ever since he dropped his big ego and spoiled-boy personality, hype built up around him until it was big enough for people to check out his music again.

For all we know, only teens were here for him before his comeback this year, starting from the Skrillex-produced “Where Are U Now” which became a big hit worldwide. Since then, people were pumped up when he dropped “What Do You Mean?” which became quite an expression my friends use nowadays! And the biggest of them all, is the currently radio-serviced “Sorry”, which was muted by Adele’s triumphant

return in music, but otherwise huge in its own merit!

So when Bieber dropped his album, competing with fellow teen-driven One Direction, eyes were on both artists battling themselves to the top spot. Bieber won fair and square, despite One Direction being predicted to win the battle!

Perhaps one of the biggest surprise in the album was the track Ed Sheeran co-wrote, “Love Yourself”, which garnered quite a lot of traction after it was being released as a promotional single. This is the song I’m going to talk about in this review.

“Love Yourself” is a very guitar-driven pop song, a change of sound from what we

heard of Bieber so far. Far from the generic beat-heavy production of his previously-released music. It is acoustic as it could get.

While it may be very sparse in its backbone, the lyrics are full of jest. In fact, this is Bieber in his most lyrical peak, though I think the credit should be to Ed Sheeran since he’s most known for this kind of lyrics.

The lyrics speak of a failed relationship, wherein Bieber was trying to tell himself that this girl is no good for him. “My momma don’t like you and she likes everyone,” he sings with passion in the song’s pre-chorus. That ...

• Justin Bieber - Love Yourself (Song)
      line is definitely one of my favorite, not that I agree of girl-shaming but it is just so autobiographically true.

He continued to explore their relationship until the end of the song, “‘Cause if you like the way you look that much then maybe you should go and love yourself.” A testimony of how he never wants to go back to that girl again.

Radio will definitely eat this up. This will probably the “Thinking Out Loud” of 2016. I’m beginning to hear this song anywhere I go, in fact I heard it on the mall the other day, which is surprising because their playlist is always out of date! Way to go Bieber, he’s really turning everyone to be Beliebers.

Ed Sheeran contributed to the vocals of the song, he is the backup singer in the song’s pre-choruses and choruses. And it’s cute because he was never credited as a “featured artist” which could have made the song even bigger than it already is!

Listening to the album in its full length, I can definitely tell that “Love Yourself” is a highlight. It doesn’t belong to the album sonically but it’s one of the best. It’s very calming and chilling, which is very far from its lyrical content, but still, one of Bieber’s best!

Richie Mogwai says :

re : In fact, this is Bieber in his most lyrical peak, though I think the credit should be to Ed Sheeran since he’s most known for this kind of lyrics
Yeah, I love the lyrics and the music video, too

Laudemhir Jan Parel replies :

I pretty much agree with it :) I love everything in this song.

Trayon Thomas says :

This is a smash hit from justin bieber and it is really a touching song. Justin’s very talented and this song just makes you understand that he has skills. I really enjoyed the harmony of this song and the lyrics too. This song blows me away and it is truly inspirational to me.

Katja Moeller says :

I don’t think I would call it touching. But it is definitely one of his best songs. I even sing it too myself. One of the only Justin Bieber songs I listen to by myself.

Laudemhir Jan Parel replies :

It’s nice to hear from your perspective, it has been some time since I last listened to this song. Ed Sheeran should be commended for writing this, I think he has his signature written all over it.

Laudemhir Jan Parel replies :

We’re on the same page about his songs, but I think art is subjective. It can touch you or it won’t. The reader above was clearly touched by the song.

Riza Joyce Barredo says :

I love Justin Bieber’s song nowadays, Love Yourself makes you think ah i need change, Its like This song like a BOOM to Justin, some people dont like him coz they jealous for what he is on his success. Then LOVE YOURSELF comes this makes you wanna love justin who who he is, for who you are. One of the best song for Justin

Laudemhir Jan Parel replies :

Yes indeed, I remember the time when I really disliked his music, and then this one came and I was like, “he just proved me wrong.”

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1414121652051231/k2311a1214/12.14.15