Edge Sensitive Skin with Aloe Shave Gel  » Cosmetics  »
  • So if you’ve got a problem with aloe, pick something else
  • I also like to experiment with different shave products, butt I always come back to Edge, it’s a solid, excellent shaving gel in my opinion

• by James Davenport

As someone who has fast-growing facial hair, I have to say, I’m always looking for a better shave any way I can get it. I wish I were more like my old man (who takes a week just to grow peach fuzz) but that’s not an option for me, what IS an option, is what razors and shaving stuff I buy to make that nagging process easier on me. This time up, I have some Edge Sensitive Skin with Aloe Shave Gel. How is it? Well, I’m glad (not really, just rhetorical again) you asked…let’s find out.

In the first place, this stuff is not a traditional cream

(if you weren’t wearing your glasses like me and didn’t look closely at the side of the can) it’s a gel. It may come out looking like a dark, dense, slimy green ooze, but if you’ve never used an Edge product before don’t let that scare you. It lathers up just like the traditional shaving creams your Daddy uses/used. In fact, I’d say because it’s a heavier gel, it actually “sticks” better to your face where you want it because it doesn’t get quite as watery as you bring the blade to your face. Just like another shave product I used recently (hint) it has some sort of “cooling agent” in it, the same kind as in a pain relief balm, but I would say Edge’s product “cools” faster and better, if you like that sort of thing. (I could personally take it or leave it, but sometimes it feels nice, like when shaving in the summer.) It’s concentrated, comes off clean on the stroke and feels clean to me, easier to clean up after the shave.

On the down stroke about the product (like what I just did there with the cheesy pun-age?) This stuff has aloe in it. I personally am not all that crazy about aloe. It can sometimes make my ...

• Edge Sensitive Skin with Aloe Shave Gel
      face itch. The last time I shaved (just before this writing) it didn’t effect me that way, but it did the two times before that. Maybe it’s just my skin. So if you’ve got a problem with aloe, pick something else. Also, if you just have a preference for traditional cream, you find it lighter and more comfortable, and/or you’ve tried similar shave gels before, Edge’s offering here likely won’t change your mind.

All and all, at around $4 a can at your look big box store or pharmacy in the US (Walmart, Target, CVS, etc) If you’re specifically looking for it, Edge Sensitive Skin with Aloe

Shave Gel isn’t at all hard to find, and it’s a decent buy. The bottom line here is if you’ve never tried wet shaving with a gel go ahead and try it, see what you think, you might find it works out better for you. Edge certainly won’t break the bank, and if the aloe drives you nuts, you can always chuck it over to another guy you know to use, or donate the rest. As for me, I prefer Edge shave gels. I also like to experiment with different shave products, butt I always come back to Edge, it’s a solid, excellent shaving gel in my opinion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318121651901231/k2311a128/12.8.15