Pedigree Dentastix Daily Oral Care Bacon Flavor Dog Treats
  • Like I said, I can’t tell you if it’s delicious, but the dog in my life will devour a whole one in about a minute if they’re fresh
  • I just know she loves them to bits when I “dogsit” her, and the bacon flavor is her favorite

• by James Davenport

Now here’s something new for you. For once, I’m going to discuss a food product I’ve never actually sampled. Oh yeah, I’ve bought it, used it many times but I’ve never honestly tasted it myself. That’s because it’s made for pets. Yeah, you heard me, PETS. They’re Pedigree Dentastix Daily Oral Care Bacon Flavor Dog Treats, but how is it as a buy? Let’s give it a looksee, shall we?

To begin with, on the plus side, you get quite a few of these treats per bag, 40 in all (at least the sized bag I purchased, they vary.) Each stick is about eight inches

long, plenty of each treat for your little toy sized “furry babies” and well more than a mouthful for my parents’ mid sized Tibetan Terrier mix Annie who I watch sometimes. The bacon scent is powerful and will draw your furry friend to it like moths to a flame. Like I said, I can’t tell you if it’s delicious, but the dog in my life will devour a whole one in about a minute if they’re fresh. Plus, they’re said to be good for your dog’s teeth if they consume it regularly. I’m sure it probably helps somewhat, but since the dog in my
      life Annie, is not technically MY dog, I don’t look close enough at her teeth to know how much of an impact these Dentastix have. I just know she loves them to bits when I “dogsit” her, and the bacon flavor is her favorite.

On the downside, as soon as you buy them you’ll note immediately the size. This goes without saying but if you have a smaller breed dog, make sure you break them up first before handing off the treats to your fuzzy co-pilot. Otherwise the dog may choke. (Dogs aren’t as careful as they should be when food is involved are they?) ...

• Pedigree Dentastix Daily Oral Care Bacon Flavor Dog Treats
      Also, another disappointment is how they keep. Now, I’m not saying so much that your Dentastix will spoil if you don’t use them up quickly enough, but they do tend to dry out–fast! Also, you may want to watch it with how much you give them. My parents’ dog Annie has kind of developed a habit of them, and it shows in her gut. Regardless what the marketing jargon may say on the package, these things can be fattening to your dog if consumed to excess, and thus negate any dental/health benefits, however negligible they may be.

Bottom line, are Pedigree Dentastix Daily Oral Care

Bacon Flavor Dog Treats a good buy? Sure, provided of course you’re getting them to give your little friend an occasional treat, and not making a meal out of it. I find the touted dental benefits to be of little notice to non-existent. Still, at $11-14 a bag at any of your major pet retailers like Petco, PetSmart, or even the big box places (again, price can vary depending on what sized bag you buy.) I can tell you it’s more worth it than the “green friendly” dog treats Annie refuses to eat, and it’s less fattening a treat than Beggin Strips. A decent product.

Jane Basijan says :

re : Like I said, I can’t tell you if it’s delicious, but the dog in my life will devour a whole one in about a minute if they’re fresh
My dog really loves it. He’s enjoying every bite of it, and also it helps my dog to have a strong teeth and plaque free. Sometimes, my father also use this as his training equipment. My father will throw this and my dog will fetch the stick and then vice versa. Since the breed of my dog is from bullmastiff that’s why he needs a lot of this, one stick is not enough for him, five or more then he will be satisfied. After eating my dog also love to partner it with a milk and water. I, as a dog lover, all I can say is, this Pedigree Dentastix Daily Oral Care Bacon Flavor Dog Treats a good buy. Regardless what the marketing jargon may say on the package, these things can be fattening to your dog if consumed to excess, and thus negate any dental/health benefits, however negligible they may be.

James Davenport says :

Well that’s fantastic Glad your furry friend enjoys them Jane God bless. :)

Robert says :

Yeah, I work at a kennel and we sometimes give out treats to the dogs, especially in order to encourage good behavior and reward them, and I have to say that these Pedigree Dentastix are really popular, especially the bacon flavored ones. I’ve even known a couple of coworkers that were odd enough to try some themselves and they even say it tastes a lot like bacon (what can I say, people that work with dogs all day start to act a little like them too).

James Davenport says :

Haha Yeah, I know how that is sir. Pets can become our best friends can’t they? Kennel worker, see? Nice to have an expert opinion on my review :) Thanks and God Bless

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 298121651881231/k2311a128/12.8.15