Barbasol Arctic Chill Shaving Cream
2.5
  • I strongly suspect whatever does that in Icy Hot is the same ingredient in this shave gel, but I’m just a guy, so what do I know
  • I don’t think you’ll feel too put out if you buy it and don’t like it, it’s not like it’s cost-prohibitive or anything

• by James Davenport

Please tell me that I’m not the only one who refuses to grow a “Playoff Beard.” What? You’ve never heard of “No Shave November?” (Well that ironic little bad joke I was going to make goes completely out the window) moving on. For those of us who actually need shave stuff like me, I’ve got a new one to try from a very old classic standby brand, Barbasol “Artic Chill.” How’s it go? Let’s have a look, shall we?

On the plus side of things, Barbasol Artic Chill is Barbasol, one of the most popular shave creams in the

US (judging by what I see in drugstores and the local barber shop. I suppose that must count for something, right? I don’t know. What I can tell you is, this Artic Chill stuff certainly is serviceable. When you apply it to your face, it must have a cooling agent in it, because within seconds you start feeling that same cooling effect you get in stuff like Icy Hot. I strongly suspect whatever does that in Icy Hot is the same ingredient in this shave gel, but I’m just a guy, so what do I know? It’s
      not too shabby. It’s utilitarian, simple to operate, feels pretty good for the most part. It’s Barbasol, it’s shave cream. No muss, no fuss.

On the downside, again, it’s Barbasol, it’s shave cream, what do you want? There’s not much to it, no new additives, special tea tree, or anything else, It’s the “Kix Cereal” of Men’s grooming products. That in itself is not necessarily a bad thing, but for some more metro-inclined in their grooming it might be. Just kind of bland for me really, one step above generic is how I find it. And I find myself ...

• Barbasol Arctic Chill Shaving Cream
      sometimes refreshed by the cooling feeling, and at other times kind of annoyed by it, especially if you’re hairy in any other areas. (Word of advice: if you have a wife or girlfriend, you might want to warn her first before she borrows it. She might find that stuff slathered on her legs a little too cool, if you know what I mean!) Oh, and before you go off thinking of anything TOO exotic on my body…I have hairy eyebrows sometimes. Geez!

To sum up here, is Barbasol Artic Chill shave cream a good buy? Eh…I’d say…it’s okay.

At $1.80-$2 a can at any major big box market (Walmart, Kroger, Radall’s etc…got my can at Kroger.) It does what it does. I don’t think you’ll feel too put out if you buy it and don’t like it, it’s not like it’s cost-prohibitive or anything. I honestly just picked it up at the drug store because it happened to be stocked first on the Barbasol shelf that day and I couldn’t find another brand I actually like better, It’s a decent buy, but nothing I have any crazy brand loyalty for…like I said, it’s SHAVE CREAM…what do you expect?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312121651710131/k2311a122/12.2.15