Hormel REV #3 Peppered Turkey Wrap  » Food  »
  • I like Hormel's line of wraps, for the most part
  • Sure, it would be more cost effective in the long run to go to a deli in a grocery store, buy some lunch meat and cheese, and then proceed to buy a package of wraps to make my own wraps at home, but considering how I don't eat lunch meat wraps very often, the lunch meat and cheese and the wraps themselves may end up going bad or I got around to finishing them off
  • I thought with this wrap containing peppered turkey that it would taste different from the regular turkey used in a few of Hormel's other wraps
  • I still enjoyed the great tasting and fresh turkey and cheese and I liked the fresh and soft wrap, too

• by CirclingCanvas

I like Hormel’s line of wraps, for the most part. Sure, it would be more cost effective in the long run to go to a deli in a grocery store, buy some lunch meat and cheese, and then proceed to buy a package of wraps to make my own wraps at home, but considering how I don’t eat lunch meat wraps very often, the lunch meat and cheese and the wraps themselves may end up going bad or I got around to finishing them off. Sure, I could buy only a little lunch meat and cheese at a time, but I’d still have wraps left over that I probably wouldn’t finish before they began tasting less than fresh. That’s one reason why I like buying the Hormel REV Wraps. They are single serve, so no waste, and they taste always taste fresh.

I tried Hormel REV #3 Peppered

Turkey Wrap not too long ago and it end up being one of my least favorites. It was still edible, and enjoyable too, but Hormel has so many combinations of wraps to choose from, that this one really just didn’t stand out that much. I thought with this wrap containing peppered turkey that it would taste different from the regular turkey used in a few of Hormel’s other wraps. Somewhat surprisingly, it really didn’t have that much flavor that differentiated it from plain old turkey. I could see what looked like cracked black pepper along the surface of the turkey, but I had a hard time making out the taste of it. The turkey itself had a very good flavor to it, quite fresh too, but I expected there to be that added flavor courtesy of the seasoning.

The mozzarella cheese, like the turkey, had a nice fresh taste to it, and it was pretty thick in texture, too. Hormel does a good job of packing these wraps, and this one was no exception, with thick slices of both turkey and cheese being wrapped inside the wrap, which is said to be Italian herb on the packaging, but I honestly don’t taste much in terms of “Italian herb” and it more or less tastes like a plain wrap to me. Maybe my taste buds just aren’t sensitive enough to make out the Italian herb flavor and the peppered part of the turkey, but even still, I was able to enjoy all aspects of this wrap; it just wasn’t as flavorful as I expected it to be.

These wraps never fail to hit the spot and give me the energy boost I need to press on with my day. This one, like the others, is loaded with protein: eighteen ...

• Hormel REV #3 Peppered Turkey Wrap
      grams! That’s a lot of protein considering this is only a three ounce wrap. Of course, also like the other Hormel Wraps, this one is also loaded with some unhealthy stuff, like a hefty amount of sodium, weighing in at over eight hundred milligrams, and there’s cholesterol in it too, sitting at the forty milligrams line, but you know, it’s lunch meat and cheese, so it’s going to have things like sodium and cholesterol, because lunch meat and cheese just isn’t that good for the body, so yes, these wraps give a nice protein boost and are filling, but come with some less than desirable stuff.

The Hormel REV #3 Peppered Turkey Wrap is a quick, on-the-go solution for someone that’s in a rush and needs something that can be eaten while on the run. At just under two dollars, it’s not a bad deal considering it’s a packed

wrap that tastes pretty good. The wrap itself has a tendency to fall apart as it gets eaten, so be careful, but it’s not a big concern. I’m not sure what I was expecting from the peppered turkey, but I do know it tasted pretty much like regular turkey, unless what other flavor that was there was drowned out by the strongly-flavored mozzarella cheese and I just missed it. I may buy it again, but Hormel has a number of other wraps that I find more flavorful and I might just stick with those other varieties. Even still, I don’t feel like I wasted my money on this wrap. I still enjoyed the great tasting and fresh turkey and cheese and I liked the fresh and soft wrap, too. If a store was out of my other preferred varieties of wraps, I’d probably buy it again, under that particular condition.

Muhammad Faraz says :

I FOUND IT VERY NICE

CirclingCanvas replies :

I’m glad you liked this particular wrap. Hormel certainly has a real nice variety of different flavor combinations with its line of wraps, so there’s certainly a good chance there’s going to be something for everyone when folks are looking over which one to try.

jose says :

re : I like Hormel’s line of wraps, for the most part
I like,is very good

CirclingCanvas replies :

Hormel’s wraps have that fresh from the deli case taste despite coming prepackaged. That helps with the flavor, but also too, the quality of the meats, cheeses and wraps themselves has always been quite good when I’ve had them. Although I prefer some of the Hormel wraps over the others, overall, the product line is a very good one.

Jared says :

re : I thought with this wrap containing peppered turkey that it would taste different from the regular turkey used in a few of Hormel’s other wraps
Not a real big fan of this one. It’s more or less trying to blend what you get from a turkey sandwich and some pepper jack cheese but it’s not very good. I won’t be trying it again.

CirclingCanvas replies :

Some of the Hormel Wraps fail to hit as good of a mark as others do, and I agree that this one is more of a miss than a hit, but even still, the quality of the ingredients helped to at least make it passable. It definitely wasn’t remarkable and there are better options among the Hormel Wraps product line, but at the very least, it helped hit the spot at the time

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274111651190530/k2311a114/11.4.15