Steak ‘n Shake Frozen Silver Dollar Potato Hash Browns
  • Out of all the frozen potatoes sold under the Steak 'n Shake label, I think these are my favorite
  • I assume preparing these silver dollar hash browns via a deep fryer results in a more close replica of how they are prepared in an actual Steak 'n Shake restaurant, but I enjoy them just fine baking them in the oven
  • It's obviously a better value than ordering a side of these hash browns in a Steak 'n Shake restaurant, and I actually prefer to buy the frozen ones instead of eating them at the restaurant chain because at home, I can better bake them to the level of crispiness that I like rather than hoping the chef at the restaurant will get them as crispy as I like
  • I would not hesitate to highly recommend these silver dollar hash browns to anyone out there that enjoys that particular variety of frozen potato

• by CirclingCanvas

Steak ‘n Shake has been a pretty popular casual dining destination for decades now in various areas of the country. Indeed, while famous for steak burgers, there is plenty of other stuff to order off of the menu, and recently, Steak ‘n Shake has followed in the footsteps of what other restaurant chains have done, such as T.G.I. Friday’s and Chili’s, and brought some of its popular restaurant menu items to grocery store shelves for at home preparation and consumption. From hamburgers to fries to chili, Steak ‘n Shake has made available a number of its well-received menu items in grocery stores, and today I’d like to share one of my personal favorites: the Steak ‘n Shake Silver Dollar Potato Hash Browns.

Out of all

the frozen potatoes sold under the Steak ‘n Shake label, I think these are my favorite. They’re slightly seasoned and come crispy straight out of the oven. The instructions on the bag include deep frying directions, but I always bake mine in the oven. I assume preparing these silver dollar hash browns via a deep fryer results in a more close replica of how they are prepared in an actual Steak ‘n Shake restaurant, but I enjoy them just fine baking them in the oven. Just a little over twenty minutes in the oven and they’re golden, literally and figuratively! While folks that want to fix these potatoes in a hurry will find the deep fryer option the faster way, I’m fine with letting
      them bake in the oven while I prepare other portions of my meal or go off and do other things in the meantime.

The light amount of seasoning enhances the potato flavor of these silver dollar hash browns, and while not packed with flavor, still taste pleasant to the taste buds. In just two bites, these small hash browns disappear fast, but not without a noticeable, crispy crunch that hash browns are known for. Unlike a lot of other frozen potatoes, these are really suitable for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and I feel regardless of whether they are served alongside pancakes or hamburgers, they add to the meal in flavor and being filling. One twenty ounce pack seems to hold around fifteen to twenty silver ...

• Steak 'n Shake Frozen Silver Dollar Potato Hash Browns
      dollar hash browns, which isn’t bad at all for around two dollars and seventy cents. It’s obviously a better value than ordering a side of these hash browns in a Steak ‘n Shake restaurant, and I actually prefer to buy the frozen ones instead of eating them at the restaurant chain because at home, I can better bake them to the level of crispiness that I like rather than hoping the chef at the restaurant will get them as crispy as I like.

I like the Steak ‘n Shake Frozen Silver Dollar Potato Hash Browns a lot and am a regular buyer of them. They’ve only been on the shelf for a short while in my area, but ever since they showed up, I’ve been

a frequent purchaser of them. There is simply quite a lot to like about them and nothing that I really dislike about them. They’re easy to fix, come crispy when prepared according to the directions, are lightly seasoned and rich in potato flavor, go with meals at any time of the day and a variety of foods and come in a good size package for a fair price. That all adds up to one really great product and amazingly enough, it’s something I’d rather buy frozen and prepare at home instead of going to the restaurant chain to order. The quality is simply that good. I would not hesitate to highly recommend these silver dollar hash browns to anyone out there that enjoys that particular variety of frozen potato!

ann flanary says :

love them walmart quit selling them i live in port st. lucie florida please tell me where i can purchase them

CrclingCanvas replies :

Unfortunately, none of the stores in my area - including Walmart - sell these frozen hash browns any longer. I don’t know if they’ve been completely discontinued or if they are still sold in some parts of the country. All you can do is call the grocery stores in your area and ask if they carry these frozen hash browns. It’s possible another grocery store chain in your area besides Walmart may have them, but the only way to know is to go to the store or call and ask, unfortunately. Hopefully you can find them at another grocery chain in your area.

Barry Brown says :

re : I would not hesitate to highly recommend these silver dollar hash browns to anyone out there that enjoys that particular variety of frozen potato
These are the best hashbrowns I tried.
Bought them in a Kroger store on Wilmington Island, Georgia.
Went back for more, but found none.
Have looked many times since then. None. Spoke to personnel about getting more, so far nothing.
Spoke to Publix employees about stocking them. Nothing yet.

Have you stopped providing them to retail super markets?

Please send responding email

JBB

CirclingCanvas replies :

I don’t see Steak`n Shake frozen products in stores anymore, so either they’ve been discontinued or are simply only available in select parts of the country. I suggest going to and clicking on the Feedback link at the bottom of the website. You can then select from a variety of ways to contact the company. You can ask them what stores, if any, in your area receive Steak`n Shake products or if the products are even still available in general. Good luck.

Erin Walker says :

I love these, I eat them almost every morning. Which is why I was shocked when I randomly looked at the nutrition label this time - I was just curious as to what they changed in the hash browns that now make them 40 calories more per serving and 5 more grams of fat per serving??? They taste and look exactly the same so why the change that now makes them less macro-friendly? I will still be eating them, I just don t understand the sudden change that made them more unhealthy, but that also didn t make them any better.

maham parvaiz says :

i agree because these hash browns are my favorite too, i love the texture and how they feel inside my mouth.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272111651100330/k2311a112/11.2.15