Good For You, novel by Tammara Webber (Between The Lines #3)  » Books  »
  • Webber's writing is still as amazing as ever
  • What I like the most about her is that she doesn't limit herself, and she talks about things that in most YA books would be taboo
  • Maybe I'll read it, it's Brooke's book and even though she's not my favorite, maybe she deserves a happy ending as well

• by Andy Diaz

Good for You is the third book in the series Between The Lines by Tammara Webber, and it has leave me with an enormous smile on my face.

This story starts when Reid is granted community service after acting like a jackass and destroying a house. That’s where he meets Dori, who is so perfect to him that he makes his personal mission to try to uncover the wild girl he thinks is inside her. They start spending more time together and with that they discover things from each other that would make them question who they truly are.

My dear and arrogant Reid is back in all his glory. I loved to get to know him a little bit more, to see what’s beneath

all the fame. In the two firsts books, we don’t really see a lot from his relationship with his parents and how much it affects him. However, in Good For You we see how guilty he feels about his mother’s alcoholism, in one way or another he feels like he has failed her somehow. And we also see how his relationship with his father affects his decisions. I loved seeing him more mature. To see him realize that it’s a human thing to make mistakes, but it’s also from humans to know and realize that it’s never too late to apologize and have regrets. I have loved Reid from the very first book, there’s something about him that makes me love him for who he truly is. But after reading Good For You, that love has multiplied a thousand times!

What can I say about Dori? Dori is a girl that sees the world in a different way. She always tries to find good in people. She’s a very compassionate, sweet and altruist girl. She spends most of her times in humanitarian organizations and helping the choir of kids in her church. Her dream is to be a social worker and make a difference in the world. But Dori isn’t perfect, I mean, who is? Along the story, we find the secret she keeps hidden so well.

Now, Graham and Emma don’t appear in Good for You. So, their fans might not love that. I feel like it’s very ...

• Good For You, novel by Tammara Webber (Between The Lines #3)
      accurate, and Webber herself says so, they already had their happy ending and now is our beloved Reid’s turn. There’s no need for them to go through much more trouble. Besides, I’ve always felt like this entire series has been direct or indirectly about Reid, and his journey to become a better person. In Between The Lines, he started as a selfish, pompous, arrogant boy that thought he had the whole world at his feet. In Where You Are it’s shown that Reid Alexander has morals, even if he doesn’t believe it himself. By the end of Good For You, he ends up being a respectable, kind and thoughtful character. He’s still the Reid we know and loved, but a better version of him.

Webber’s writing is still as amazing as ever. What I like the most about her is that she doesn’t limit herself, and she talks about things that in most YA books would be taboo. Things like sex, drugs, alcoholism and even abortion are some of the things you can find in here and that change the dynamics a little bit. This series is not over, there’s another book that I haven’t read yet, even though I read this series a long time ago. I’m just no interested in anything else since I was so happy with Good For You’s ending, but who knows? Maybe I’ll read it, it’s Brooke’s book and even though she’s not my favorite, maybe she deserves a happy ending as well. Recommended!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1730101651060631/k2311a1030/10.30.15