Hostess Limited Edition Donettes Pumpkin Spice Mini Donuts
  • As for where these mini donuts fall, they definitely deserve a spot next to the cupcakes because unlike one of the competing brand's takes on the pumpkin spice mini donut, namely Tastykake' Pumpkin Spice Mini Donuts, these mini donuts from Hostess are really good
  • Not everyone is going to like them because not everyone likes Hostess products, but I think for two dollars, they are worth a try
  • I know that I'll be buying more for sure, because I love the cinnamon and pumpkin pairing and the freshness and softness of the mini donuts

• by CirclingCanvas

Hostess has really gone all out this autumn in producing pumpkin-flavored snacks and I can’t recall the company ever giving so many of its year-round snack cakes and treats a limited time pumpkin make-over. I’m not complaining though; the more foods pumped with pumpkin spice goodness, the better, for someone like me that delights in pumpkin-flavored foods. Now admittedly, not all of Hostess’ seasonal pumpkin spice goodies have hit the mark head on, like the Pumpkin Spice Twinkies, but some others have been surprisingly good and enjoyable, like the Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. As for where these mini donuts fall, they definitely deserve a spot next to the cupcakes because unlike one of the competing brand’s takes on the pumpkin spice mini donut, namely Tastykake’ Pumpkin Spice Mini Donuts, these mini donuts from Hostess are really good!

These mini donuts bring together pumpkin flavor, courtesy of a

real ingredient in the form of pumpkin puree as opposed to artificial pumpkin flavoring, and cinnamon, resulting in a very flavorful combination. The cinnamon is what stands out the most as its present in the cake portion of the donuts as well as in the cinnamon glaze that covers the top half and the sides of the donuts. Cinnamon is one of the important ingredients in pumpkin pie and is often paired with pumpkin in other pumpkin foods, so Hostess isn’t breaking any real new ground here, but it’s a tried and true pairing that works. The cinnamon comes across as rich and sweet, but not super sweet. I really like the texture and flavor of the cinnamon glaze. That was a very nice, as well as effective, touch.

The cinnamon though isn’t the only star ingredient in these mini donuts. They are called, after all,

pumpkin spice for a reason, and not just cinnamon mini donuts. The pumpkin flavor comes through good and strong with every bite and not going the artificial route, at least when it comes to the pumpkin puree, I feel really makes a noticeable difference. It’s pretty impressive how much flavor is packed into these mini donuts, as the cinnamon and pumpkin remain consistent in these donuts and give off an appetizing, slightly sweet, pumpkin aroma that sets the stage for the great taste that awaits. It’s important in my view that food smell and look good, not just taste good, and these mini donuts fill those qualifications, the the donuts having a nice autumn orange and brown shade with the cinnamon glaze giving them additional texture.

In addition to the very pleasant scent and flavor, the package of mini donuts that I had also were ...

• Hostess Limited Edition Donettes Pumpkin Spice Mini Donuts
      nice and soft, just as a good donut should be in my book. While not fresh from the bakery soft, they were soft enough as well as fresh enough for a pre-packaged mini donut that sits on the shelf sometime for for days before being purchased. Certainly good enough for me. A ten point five ounce bag of mini donuts will go a long way unless you have multiple hands reaching into the bag and at just two dollars a bag, these mini donuts are well worth the purchase price, considering the quality of the mini donuts as well as the size of the bag that they come in.

Hostess Limited Edition Donettes Pumpkin Spice Mini Donuts should not be passed up if you’re a fan of pumpkin, cinnamon and mini donuts. Not everyone is going to like them because not everyone likes Hostess products, but

I think for two dollars, they are worth a try. Had I not liked them, I wouldn’t have been too upset that I had wasted two dollars, whereas had the mini donuts cost more money, I may have been more bothered by the waste of money, but at two dollars, the price of them is pretty low and I think more people will be tempted to try them, even if they are slightly hesitant, than if the mini donuts cost three or four dollars. I know that I’ll be buying more for sure, because I love the cinnamon and pumpkin pairing and the freshness and softness of the mini donuts. Hostess really came up with a winner with these bagged mini donuts, and I feel they are better than any of Hostess’ other bagged mini donuts. Yet another reason to look forward to and love autumn!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2730101651050631/k2311a1030/10.30.15