Isla and the Happily Ever After, novel by Stephanie Perkins  » Books  »
  • A year later, Lola and Cricket arrived, and I really enjoyed that story but not as much as the first book by Perkins
  • You know when a book is amazing just by every single feeling it evokes within you
  • And I know a lot of people would go and say it was too precipitate, but I really don't care
  • So, I definitely recommend this, because they're stories that make you feel

• by Andy Diaz

At the beginnings of 2011, a dear friend of mine recommended me to read Anna and The French Kiss, and once I finished reading it, I fell completely and irrevocably in love with Etienne and Anna. A year later, Lola and Cricket arrived, and I really enjoyed that story but not as much as the first book by Perkins. And now, almost three years later, Isla and Josh made me fall all over again in love.

I apologize in advance if I’m completely fangirling with this, but it’s impossible for me not to. Inevitable! I completely loved loved loved Isla and Josh! They were just wonderful! Oh, and I also love you, Stephanie Perkins! I feel like she’s the queen, there’s no other way to put it. I don’t even know where to start to explain how much this book made me feel. Honestly,

Isla and The Happily Ever After has made me feel like a fifteen year old schoolgirl all over again while I was reading. I couldn’t stop smiling, laughing, sighing, swooning… I even blushed a couple times. Just wonderful. You know when a book is amazing just by every single feeling it evokes within you.

But enough, let me tell you a little bit about what the story is about. Isla and The Happily Ever After is about Isla Martin, a girl that had a tiny little appearance in the first book, which makes it really easy to forget if you didn’t really paid attention, and about Josh Wasserstein, Etienne St. Clair’s best friend (Love!). However, during the summer before their last year of school begins, Isla and Josh find themselves in the place they least expected, a match made in heaven is about to completely change things for both of them. Because, sometimes, as unthinkable as it is, we can have what we desire the most, but also in other times, we and our own insecurities can sabotage our happiness.

Isla and Josh’s characters are just magic. There’s no other word I can use to describe it, except for that: magic. They’re both extremely different, but that allows them to complement each other very well. Isla is shy and insecure, while Josh feigns that he doesn’t care about anything at all, when it’s the exact opposite of that. The romance and chemistry between them are magical. The connection that they have is unexplainable and the feelings they made me feel are unexplainable as well. Really, I was excited for every little thing that happened between them. Even my sister and the people around gave me the weird eye.

I ...

• Isla and the Happily Ever After, novel by Stephanie Perkins
      LOVE IT! And yes, there were certain things that if were any other book I wouldn’t have liked (like Isla’s insecurities), but for this book I just have love. My inner fangirl is high right now, even though it’s been some time since I read it, I still feel it all.

I especially loved the scenes that include Anna, Etienne, Lola and Cricket. They killed me! It was so great to “meet” with them again. There’s a thing that happened between two of those characters that at first left me with my mouth open, but a second later I was just screaming of excitement! And I know a lot of people would go and say it was too precipitate, but I really don’t care. I just love them! Besides, it just shows how strong love it’s when it arrives. No matter age, or maturity

or anything.

Isla and The Happily Ever After is full of cliches, it’s cheesy and predictable, which some might hate, it might disappoint some of the fans, others might think it was just ok and that it’s not more than just a good read. But to me, it was a goodbye that left me with a bittersweet taste in my mouth, because I had to say bye to six amazing people that shared so many good stories with me. I just thank the author and these characters for showing me that love can be unexpected and for sharing so much with me. These books are special because they were very emotional to me from the beginning, and the time that I had to wait for the last two to come out, only made my love bigger. So, I definitely recommend this, because they’re stories that make you feel. Awesome!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1730101651020631/k2311a1030/10.30.15