MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme (Overtime)  » Cosmetics  »
  • Prior to purchasing the MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in the shade Overtime back in March, I had somewhat limited but very successful experience with lip products from MAC Cosmetics
  • Before I knew it, I was admiring a small swatch of the MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in the shade Overtime on the back of my hand and I thought for sure that I had found a new favorite product
  • This lipcreme is described by MAC Cosmetics as a light, baby pink and in person, I think that is a very accurate description
  • However, I have noticed that in pictures, the color sometimes changes
  • And, while I don't think that I would actively discourage others from trying this lipcreme, I'm certainly not praising it

• by Marley Justine

Prior to purchasing the MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in the shade Overtime back in March, I had somewhat limited but very successful experience with lip products from MAC Cosmetics. In fact, my experiences with MAC lip products had been so positive that it was the only brand I considered for my wedding day. I also had my heart set on a light-medium pink, and since I was picking something for my wedding day, I really wanted, or perhaps even needed, it to be long-lasting. Before I knew it, I was admiring a small swatch of the MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in the shade Overtime on the back of my hand and I thought for sure that I had found a new favorite product.

This lipcreme is described by MAC Cosmetics as a “light,

baby pink” and in person, I think that is a very accurate description. However, I have noticed that in pictures, the color sometimes changes. While I don’t want to say that this product does not photograph well, I will say that I think the color looks much better, and certainly a little lighter, in person.

This lipcreme is extremely pigmented, and I have since learned that this is not unique to the shade Overtime, but is true for all of the MAC Pro Longwear Lipcremes. In addition to being incredibly pigmented, they are also quite thick and have a creamy texture. When I swatched this on the back of my hand, it looked beautiful but I quickly learned that this will cake easily on your lips and settle in and emphasize any fine line, crack or dry patch. Thankfully, for my wedding day, my lips were in excellent condition so this was a non-issue, but that was just one day. Since then, I have tried applying this and found myself removing it immediately because it looks awful. I hate to say it, but the second it starts to cake, it ends up looking cheap.

Regardless of how smooth your lips are, if you are planning on wearing the MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in the shade Overtime, I strongly recommend a lip primer. This is the first lip product where I felt a lip primer was necessary. Without one, I’m just not thrilled with the way it sits on my lips.

As the name suggests, this is supposed to be a long-lasting lipcreme. MAC Cosmetics claims that their ...

• MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme (Overtime)
      Pro Longwear Lipcremes will last up to twelve hours, do not require a top coat, and will not feather or transfer. While I personally haven’t had any issues with feathering, I definitely disagree with their claims that this lipcreme will not transfer. And personally, I did not find this to be long-lasting. In my experience, this product does not last much longer than a regular drugstore lipstick.

MAC also markets this lipcreme as hydrating. Now, I certainly didn’t find it drying but I didn’t find it hydrating either.

If you’re looking to pair this particular shade of lipcreme with a MAC Pro Longwear Lipglass, I think the color goes well with ‘Infinitely Likable’. Mind you, this is an equally thick product, so while the color remains a light or soft pink, it

ends up being a bit bold.

As previously mentioned, this lipcreme is very thick and pigmented. I normally apply lip products directly to my lips but with this, I find I really need to use a lip brush to achieve the best results. If I do apply this directly to my lips, I end up blotting most of it off. It’s just so heavy.

While I cannot deny that, in person, the color is pretty, the MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in the shade Overtime is not worth the $22.50CDN that I paid for it. Of course, I will continue to play around with it, but at this time, I do not anticipate repurchasing. And, while I don’t think that I would actively discourage others from trying this lipcreme, I’m certainly not praising it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130101650980631/k2311a1030/10.30.15