Every Wrong Reason, novel by Rachel Higginson
  • This is one of those books that I found on the recommended section in Goodreads, I immediately felt drawn to it's beautiful cover, so I felt like I needed to read it right away
  • Yeah, at first from the synopsis I thought it was gonna be a book about a very grown up couple, and it sounded kinda boring to me, but I can assure you, it's nothing like that, I felt really entertained during the whole thing and I actually found the story very different and interesting, which I absolutely loved
  • That makes their relationship to turn into a boring, undervalued, untenable routine
  • I think every couple goes through things like what Kate and Kick went through

by Andy Diaz

This is one of those books that I found on the recommended section in Goodreads, I immediately felt drawn to it’s beautiful cover, so I felt like I needed to read it right away! I started eyeing it and the next thing I knew, I was already halfway through the book, that’s how easy to read it is. I just feel so accomplished when a finished a book in just a few hours. I always find those books exceptionally good.
  • Every Wrong Reason, novel by Rachel Higginson
  • This is written in first person, and it’s the tale of Kate and her worn out marriage with Nick. Yeah, at first from the synopsis I thought it was gonna be a book about a very grown up couple, and it sounded kinda boring to me, but I can assure you, it’s nothing like that, I felt really entertained during the whole thing and I actually found the story very different and interesting, which I absolutely loved. This story is about a young couple, of about thirty years old, who meet in college and marry the next year after graduating. After ten years together, and seven as a married couple, they feel like their relationship has turned unbearable, so Kate asks for divorce.

• Every Wrong Reason, novel by Rachel Higginson
  • On the other side, we have Nick. He’s the typical guy that every girl wants, he’s gorgeous, with and a great body and abs, and on top of all that amazingness, he’s a musician! Hotness overload! But throughout the years, his personality and relaxed attitude starts turning because of his personal and work frustrations… He starts turning into this cold, distant, selfish and annoying person.

• Every Wrong Reason, novel by Rachel Higginson
  • The problems between Kate and Nick are not related to third people or abuses or anything like that at all, it’s more about the everyday addition of the little things. With time, everything that made them special start getting unappreciated, they don’t value each other, when they fight, they don’t try to work this out. The just gave up, basically. That makes their relationship to turn into a boring, undervalued, untenable routine. The connection that they once had, started getting lost with the years, the fight about stupid things and when they try to fix them, they get even worse and they breach between them got bigger and bigger every time. They still love each other, they just can’t stand each other.

• Every Wrong Reason, novel by Rachel Higginson
  • When they separate and each starts going over every single thing, and start taking conscious and look at the problems from a other perspective… They realize marriage it’s not an easy thing.

This is a read that has a very simple theme that captivates you from the very first page, it’s very emotional and I found myself shading a few tears in several occasions, I also got frustrated, depressed, angered, I laughed, and I even died with love and sweetness. The author did such a good job at describing everything they felt that it almost was like I was the one going through all of that, I felt every single thing they felt. How much I suffered! At times I hated Kate so much, that I just wanted to shake her, but with Nick it was the total opposite, I just loved him and I felt horrible for him. I rooted for Nick the whole time!

This book turned into one of my favorites for the simple fact that it approached marriage and divorce with such a genuinely and honesty that truly made me feel. I think every couple goes through things like what Kate and Kick went through. I’ve never been married, but reading this I feel like I have. Definitely recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1729101650870231/k2311a1029/10.29.15