I See London, novel by Chanel Cleeton (International School #1)  » Books  »
  • I See London by Chanel Cleeton it's a little bit hard to review for me, and that's because there were moments in this story where I was really enjoying it, others where I thought it was addictive, and others where the leading girl, Maggie, exasperated me with her lack of confidence, sometimes I even called her a bitch in my mind
  • Now Maggie finds herself living the life she never had before but always wanted in South Carolina, a life full of luxury, attending the best it clubs, wearing clothes from famous designers and traveling around London in a Ferrari
  • Everything about him, from his dark, curly hair, tan skin and mix between Lebanese and French, made him such an interesting and fresh character, and yes, I was more than mesmerized with him
  • I don't think there was really a choice to make between the two man, it was clear who was better for her, but you know how we, woman, can be sometimes
  • I don't think I made a connection with Maggie and her love triangle (I don't really like them in general), but I See London was very addictive

• by Andy Diaz

I See London by Chanel Cleeton it’s a little bit hard to review for me, and that’s because there were moments in this story where I was really enjoying it, others where I thought it was addictive, and others where the leading girl, Maggie, exasperated me with her lack of confidence, sometimes I even called her a bitch in my mind. However, that didn’t stop me from continuing with I See London, and I even think it was okay at the end. I’ll tell you a little bit about it.

Maggie Carpenter, a nineteen year old girl from South Carolina, gets a scholarship in the International School in London, England, a very privileged university where only the sons and daughters of the biggest leaders in the world study. And that’s where Maggie enters a life completely different from what she knows.

Now Maggie finds herself living the life she never had before but always wanted in South Carolina, a life full of luxury, attending the best it clubs, wearing clothes from famous designers and traveling around London in a Ferrari. But in this new life, Maggie also finds herself between two completely different boys, like day and night.

Hugh Mitchell, owner of one of the best clubs of the moment, and older than Maggie for almost ten years. He’s mature, serious, and according to Maggie, he has an accent that’s a combination between Prince William’s and Hugh Grant’s. But then there’s Samir Khouri, half French and half Lebanese and her schoolmate. Samir is the popular, sexy guy that makes your knees feel like Jell-O with just one smile, and who always gets what he wants. Those two boys evoke mix feelings in Maggie. Poor girl, nobody wants her (sarcasm, much?)

Honestly, I thought Hugh was a great guy and a character I enjoyed reading, but to me, the “relationship” between Maggie and him seemed… forced. I felt like Maggie was a completely different character when she was with him, she changed 100% and wasn’t really her. This aspect of the story particularly bothered me. I don’t mind as much when there’s a big age difference between the characters, but in this particular case, between Maggie and Hugh felt like age was a really big thing, it played an important part because it gave the impression that it wasn’t just ten years of difference but a lot more, which clearly it’s not okay. Maggie, unlike Hugh, acted like a girl even younger than her nineteen years of age, when Hugh radiated matureness and responsibility. I ...

• I See London, novel by Chanel Cleeton (International School #1)
      really didn’t feel their connection and it pissed me off that she lied to him about her age.

Now, on the other side, I ended up completely fascinated with Samir. Everything about him, from his dark, curly hair, tan skin and mix between Lebanese and French, made him such an interesting and fresh character, and yes, I was more than mesmerized with him. Also, his relationship with Maggie was much more honest, more fresh and genuine. The chemistry, science, biology and everything that surged every time they were together was incredibly hot, even I felt it. Really, the sparks flew everywhere! I don’t think there was really a choice to make between the two man, it was clear who was better for her, but you know how we, woman, can be sometimes.

Another thing that I enjoyed with I See London

was seeing friendships growing, especially between Fleur and Maggie. At the beginning of the book, it’s mentioned that Fleur is the Ice Queen and university’s bitch that nobody stands. Even though at firsts the interactions between the two of them were not pleasant, at the end it was nice to see how much their friendship evolved. I honestly really liked Fleur, even more than Maggie. I loved her!

I don’t think I made a connection with Maggie and her love triangle (I don’t really like them in general), but I See London was very addictive. And even though the book ends up in a bit of a cliffhanger and I didn’t felt the need to continue with the stories, I did because that ending leaves you with a little bit of curiosity to see what’s in store for those characters in the beautiful London.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1729101650840231/k2311a1029/10.29.15