Betadine Antiseptic Skin Cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
  • I thought Betadine antiseptic skin cleanser is only used for pre-medical procedure and for wound cleaning but I was glad to try this skin cleanser out even though I'm not a surgeon or I don't have wounds
  • I really noticed a big boost in my hygiene and my overall confidence in using Betadine skin cleanser

• by Cattleya

Before discovering this antiseptic skin cleanser I was hopeless about my then uncomfortable situation whenever I sweat and work throughout the day. My work is not that tedious but living in a country with a tropical climate can be taxing to my sweat glands. I thought Betadine antiseptic skin cleanser is only used for pre-medical procedure and for wound cleaning but I was glad to try this skin cleanser out even though I’m not a surgeon or I don’t have wounds.

I use this cleanser everytime I take a bath. I pour two to three drops of the solution and add

a palmful of water. Then I work it up to form a lather, like I do to other body washes. I scrub it in circular motion on areas that needed extra attention on cleaning, particularly my armpits and back. I let it sit for about half a minute and rinse thoroughly until I do not feel any residue left on my skin. After that I resume to bathing with regular soap.

Doing the mentioned steps made me feel squeaky clean everyday. If I use Betadine antiseptic skin cleanser alone I itch and sweat and I feel icky after hours of just taking a bath. My back does not itch any longer when it is wet with sweat when I follow it with soap. also, my armpits don’t sweat as much as it used to. I really noticed a big boost in my hygiene and my overall confidence in using Betadine skin cleanser. The clean feeling lasts up to the next day. No more icky feeling whenever I sweat!

The liquid is somewhat dark brown because of the iodine. It’s runny just like water but a bit viscous. The liquid doens’t stain my clothes or my hands (just like the antibiotic solution). I ...

• Betadine Antiseptic Skin Cleanser
      don’t dig the scent of thing because it reminds me of hospitals but it doesn’t make me smell like the liquid because I also bathe in soap afterwards.

My only concern about this skin cleanser is that it tends to dry up the skin a bit. But applying lotion can do the trick in bringing back my skin’s moisture. Package-wise, this skin cleanser has its flaws. There’s a foil covering when I open the twist cap. I have to puncture the foil covering for the product to pour out. When I put back the twist cap and tilt the bottle sideways,

the liquid will spill out of the bottle even with the cap closed. The spilled liquid tends to be sticky and dry when left for a long time so if it does happen I immediately make sure to wipe it off with a tissue or a towel. So I make sure my bottle is always standing straight up.

This skin cleanser has been a staple in my bathroom. There’s a 60 ml (130php) and 120 ml (220php) bottle of this product at leading drugstores. I always buy the bigger bottle to save more on costs. One big bottle lasts me up to three months.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123101650660431/k2311a1023/10.23.15