Laney Ironheart Studio amplifier
  • I thought that that kind of amp did not exist, but fortunately, I was wrong
  • Laney has a reputation to make ones of the best rock and metal amplifiers and its products are used by a lot of metalheads all over the world
  • Regarding the size of this amplifier, it may be perhaps a little smaller as compared to its other big-watt Ironheart siblings, but the IRT-Studio has so much versatility and a killer tone that you will not feel you are missing something at all, regarding home purpouses or live enviorments, like smaller gigs (clubs/bars) as I mentioned before in this review I am truly stisfied to have the Ironeheart Studio IRH, and playing at home has become an awesome experience for me since I got this amp
  • Thanks for reading this review and I highly recommend that You go and try the Laney IRT-Studio yourself and be blown away by its capabilities

by ivo petrovic

I always wanted a home amplifier that can deliver top quality sounds at a low volume for obvious reasons like neighbours, children etc. But I also wanted an amplifier to be versatile for studio recording purposes and even to be able to use it for small venue gigs. I thought that that kind of amp did not exist, but fortunately, I was wrong. I sold my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III because for home, it was definitley too loud, and began the search for the home dream amplifier and found the Laney IRT-Studio, and I was totally blown away by the specs of this unit, and later on, by the sound of it.
  • Laney Ironheart Studio amplifier
  • The Laney IRT-Studio amplifier comes with a footswitch for the channels and the boost, and a carry bag which is most useful for transportation and to keep it safe when not used.

The Laney IRT Studio is equiped with 3 Channels: Clean, Rhythm and Lead and it comes with 1 watt and 15 watt inputs which, in my opinnion, is a great feature, especially for home use. The 1 watt input comes handy when playing at home having the full tube feeling without tearing the house down with high volumes needed to drive the tubes, and the 15 watt input is in my opinnion enough to play smaller venues such as small clubs/bars. 15 watt of tube power is a lot, trust me. This is just one of many features that the Laney IRT Studio has.

• Laney Ironheart Studio amplifier
  • Here are the complete list of features the Laney IRT Studio amplifier is equiped with:

- Two 1/4″ input jacks one at 1 watt, the other at 15 watts

- Three channels - clean, rhythm, and lead

- Three-band EQ controls with push/pull EQ shift

- Laney designed digital reverb

- Clean volume, foot switchable pre boost, rhythm gain, lead gain, rhythm volume, lead volume, dynamics, tone, and reverb controls

- Three ECC83 preamp tubes; two EL84 output tubes

- XLR DI out

- Variable level FX loop

- 1/8″ jack for MP3 player

- USB audio I/O and re-amping send

- FS4-IRT footswitch included - controls channel, clean, reverb, and pre boost settings

- Rack wings supplied

- Gig bag

• Laney Ironheart Studio amplifier
  • The first thing that I tested on the Laney IRT-Studio amplifier is the clean channel. I was completely blown by it. It is sparkling clean and I can play any genre of music, from jazz to heavy metal clean parts, it also works awesome with distortion pedals. I tested the aforementioned clean channel with the Mesa Boogie Throttle box distortion pedal and the sound was really awesome. I also tryed the Laney IRT Studio power amp section with the Marshall JMP-1 preamp unit, and it sounded great.

I used many guitars with the Laney IRT Studio: the Fender Stratocaster and also the Jackson dinky models and some Ibanez Rg type guitars and all of them sounded awesome and the amp reacts really well with both singlecoil and humbucker pickups

• Laney Ironheart Studio amplifier
  • The rhythm channel is my favourite channel to play the Ironheart and it never disappoints to give me the both tight and loose blues/fusion sound. The channel is made more versatile when coupled with pull knobs on the EQ for extra frequencies.

Laney has a reputation to make ones of the best rock and metal amplifiers and its products are used by a lot of metalheads all over the world. And so the Lead channel does not disappoint at all. From nice leads to true metal distortions. It has a really strong and powerfull gain. The bottom and highs are huge, like I said before, playing small venues like clubs or bars is a no brainer, and the mids cut through perfectly.

There is also a Digital reverb function on board the IRT-Studio. It is really a nice add to the amp because it gives the sound that extra dimension and it is very smooth and it does not affect the quality of the sound at all. It just makes it better. The IRT-Studio has two knobs for Tone and Dynamics and the Dynamics knob works like a Presence knob, and with this two knobs you can easily shape your sound without making big changes to the main equalization parameters like gain, bass , treble etc.

• Laney Ironheart Studio amplifier
  • I have not yet explored this amp and it`s full capabilities, but the IRT-Studio is equiped with a lot of studio/recording features like the USB audio I/O supporting both dry and processed signals. This makes IRT-Studio an awesome addition to the studio recording department and can be also used as a re-amping tool. That is a very nice feature to have in an amplifier.

• Laney Ironheart Studio amplifier
  • I am truly stisfied to have the Ironeheart Studio IRH, and playing at home has become an awesome experience for me since I got this amp. Highly recommended for all musicians with small home studios or hobby enthusiasts

• Laney Ironheart Studio amplifier
  • Here is the sticker that tells you what other wanders are built in this amplifier.

Thanks for reading this review and I highly recommend that You go and try the Laney IRT-Studio yourself and be blown away by its capabilities.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1621101650590431/k2311a1021/10.21.15