Incubus (rock band)  » Music  »
  • I'm a huge fan of rock music and I think I was lucky enough to be a teenager in an era where it was still quite popular at the time
  • I only really noticed how much when I saw him for the first time in the music video for Drive
  • Recently I decided to search to see what he would look like right now and even though he's obviously much older, I still think he looks quite attractive
  • I recommend the rock band Incubus for those rock music lovers looking for a band with a unique sound

by Redtape

I’m a huge fan of rock music and I think I was lucky enough to be a teenager in an era where it was still quite popular at the time. I can remember that while some of the more popular bands among my peers were Linkin Park, Green Day and Sugar Ray because of their massive international success, another popular rock band was Incubus. I didn’t like them as much in the early 2000s, but as I got older I began to respect them and their music a lot more.
  • Incubus (rock band)
  • Even though I initially thought that they were a fairly new band that had gained success in the early 2000s, I eventually came to understand that the band was actually formed in the early 90s. As the usual story goes, the members met each other in high school, but they didn’t really settle on an official name until they were set to perform at a club and needed one. That was how they settled on the name “Incubus” and the name just stuck after that.

At the time, the members of Incubus included the current vocalist Brandon Boyd, the guitarist Mike Einziger, the drummer Jose Pasillas and the bassist Alex Katunich. Katunich left the band in 2003.

• Incubus (rock band)
  • Incubus has become one of my favourite rock bands to listen to these days because they have such a distinctive sound. I remember that back in the early 2000s when their album “Morning View” was released many of the other popular rock bands had a very similar sound. I used to joke that a lot of the other rock bands sounded like “Creed”, with was true in a sense because many of them such as “Fuel”, “The Calling” and “Staind” had this very hardcore post-grunge style and sound. Therefore, it was really easy for a band such as Incubus to stand out among most.

I think that their genre of rock is not easily placed because it’s a mixture of so many genres of music. They’re certainly not metal and neither are they Indie and their sound seems to be an experimental mix of alternative rock, funk and a few other genres.

• Incubus (rock band)
  • My favourite album from Incubus is actually Morning View, and I think it might have a lot to do with the fact that it was the first album from them that I had the opportunity to listen to in full. I also liked Morning View because it had four of my favourite Incubus songs on it. These songs are “Nice to Know You”, “Wish You were Here”, “Warning” and “11 am”. I also love songs from their other albums. Some of them are “Megalomaniac”, “Drive” and “Stellar”.

• Incubus (rock band)
  • Another plus about listening to and loving the band Incubus back then was their vocalist Brandon Boyd. Sure, he was and has always been a great singer, but a lot of the band’s female fans including myself also thought he was extremely physically attractive. I only really noticed how much when I saw him for the first time in the music video for Drive.

Recently I decided to search to see what he would look like right now and even though he’s obviously much older, I still think he looks quite attractive.

• Incubus (rock band)
  • I’ve mostly been listening to Incubus’ old music for a long time now and I decided to get with the times and try some of their newer stuff. I started with their latest EP called Trust Fall (Side A) and liked it immediately.

The thing was I read a few comments about the EP before trying it, where some people claim it doesn’t sound like Incubus at all. However, I disagree with that. I think that they sound like a more mature version of their younger selves and that people can’t expect a band to have the same sound forever. Fans and music evolve and if bands don’t evolve too people will get bored and the band themselves might lose interest after a while. This doesn’t mean that they should lose their own flavour.

I recommend the rock band Incubus for those rock music lovers looking for a band with a unique sound.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1421101650570431/k2311a1021/10.21.15