e.l.f Studio Blush Brush
  • Before I could purchase another blush brush by 'MakeUp Forever', I found myself getting ready to place an order from e
  • While it has not been my experience, I know some people complain about the short lifespan of e
  • I think it's important to treat and care for a $3 makeup brush the same way you would a $53 makeup brush
  • However, before you do this, I want to stress that these bristles remind me a lot of the e
  • Next time you are looking for a powder blush brush, consider purchasing the e

• by Marley Justine

When my go-to ‘MakeUp Forever’ blush brush broke last winter, I was devastated and while I had a couple of other blush brushes to use, they just weren’t the same. Before I could purchase another blush brush by ‘MakeUp Forever’, I found myself getting ready to place an order from e.l.f Cosmetics and I decided, based on positive feedback I had heard about the e.l.f Studio Blush Brush, that I would include it in my order. I wasn’t convinced a $3USD blush brush could compare to a $40+ blush brush, but for $3, how could I not give it a try?

I am happy, and perhaps still a little surprised, that after my e.l.f Cosmetics order arrived and I tried this blush brush, I have not had to go out and purchase a ‘high end’ brush. The

e.l.f Studio Blush Brush is fantastic.

For me, soft bristles are key to a good blush brush and the bristles on this brush are perfect. In addition to being incredibly soft, they are the ideal density for blush brush bristles. I find this brush picks up the right amount of product, applies this product evenly and blends like a dream. And, I am happy to say, that I haven’t had any issues with shedding or the handle becoming loose. Even with regular use and a number of washes, my brush is still in excellent condition.

While it has not been my experience, I know some people complain about the short lifespan of e.l.f makeup brushes. I think it’s important to treat and care for a $3 makeup brush the same way you would a $53 makeup brush. It

doesn’t matter how much you paid for a brush, if you don’t take care of it, it’s not going to last.

According to the online product description, this blush brush can be used with both wet and dry products. However, before you do this, I want to stress that these bristles remind me a lot of the e.l.f Studio Powder Brush bristles and my experience using my powder brush with wet products was far from ideal and resulted in the product build up at the base of the bristles, the bristles losing their softness, and ultimately, me replacing the brush. Because of this, I have chosen not to expose my e.l.f Studio Blush Brush to any wet products. This has not been a problem for me since I usually use powder blushers and if I do use ...

• e.l.f Studio Blush Brush
      a liquid or cream blush (there are a few that I really love), I tend to use my fingers anyway. Have you had success using this brush with liquid or cream products? If so, how was your experience?

I know some people have success using this to set their under eye concealer or to apply bronzer or a luminizing powder and if you experiment with this brush, you may find that you do as well. Personally, I prefer a larger brush for applying my bronzer and a slightly smaller brush for doing a highlight or setting any concealer. But as I’ve said, when it comes to applying powder blush, this brush is perfect. The sturdy-feeling handle is a nice weight and easy to control while the bristles are a great size and shape for applying product to

your cheeks.

To me, the fact that a $3 brush truly replaced my $40+ dollar brush is impressive. I think I found a way to justify overpaying for blush brushes in the past because blush is one of my most used products. I had tried a number of drugstore blush brushes and as great as their prices were, I was never completely happy - they were either the wrong size, the wrong shape, the bristles were too rough, they didn’t apply product evenly, etc… But those days are behind me now. I am completely satisfied with the e.l.f Studio Blush Brush and so long as it is available, I will happily repurchase.

Next time you are looking for a powder blush brush, consider purchasing the e.l.f Studio Blush Brush from e.l.f Cosmetics. Hopefully your experience will be as positive as mine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119101650421131/k2311a1019/10.19.15