Troye Sivan - TALK ME DOWN (Song )
  • His voice is eternally soothing, he's not in for the great vocals you'll find in Ed Sheeran or Bruno Mars songs but there's definitely something in his voice that is so addicting and calming, and sometimes all you need is that in order for your voice to be categorized as unique
  • TALK ME DOWN is such a lovely ballad, I don't think this song is made for the radios
  • I think Troye's lyrics are certainly more organic, more direct to the point
  • He's an incredible change of sound in the changing landscape of Pop, and I know he can offer something more because all his songs sound promising

• by Laudemhir Jan Parel

I have been a huge fan on Troye Sivan ever since he released his debut single “The Fault in Our Stars” a few years back. His voice is eternally soothing, he’s not in for the great vocals you’ll find in Ed Sheeran or Bruno Mars songs but there’s definitely something in his voice that is so addicting and calming, and sometimes all you need is that in order for your voice to be categorized as unique.

On the verge of having his music contract with a big label, he will release his first/debut album this December titled “Blue Neighbourhood”

in which “TALK ME DOWN” is considered as the first ever single despite the fact that the entire “WILD” (released 2 months ago) EP is included in the album.

TALK ME DOWN is such a lovely ballad, I don’t think this song is made for the radios. It’s certainly a grower, and it’s not the smash I hoped it would be, but that doesn’t mean this song is not a great song. I just thought at the beginning that Troye has a club-banger in his hands in order for the world to see his song become a big pop

hit, but this one is definitely a no-no.

However, I certainly think this is Troye’s version of “Love Me Like You Do”, and of course we all know how that went when it was released with Fifty Shades of Grey. There are certainly similarities with TALK ME DOWN and Love Me Like You Do, they’re exploring the same theme of being with someone hoping that someone will in love with him/her too.

I think Troye’s lyrics are certainly more organic, more direct to the point. When he begins singing “I wanna come home to you, but home is just ...

• Troye Sivan - TALK ME DOWN (Song )
      a room full of my safest sounds” there is that nostalgic ambiance that encloses the song. This is probably one of the best song he’s ever written lyrically and I think most of us can relate to this.

The production of the song is sonically different from his previous recordings. He’s a big fan of piano, I can tell that because most of his songs open with this beautiful instrument. In this song, the piano was used to a certain effect that could mash up well with the heavily-infused instrument drop in the chorus. A few more listens and

I think radios will definitely eat this up if Taylor Swift endorses this. Adult Contemporary radios will definitely on the bandwagon and I do hope this will become Troye’s big break despite the fact that it’s a hard sell.

Troye has come a long way, and I think he’s really happy right now. That everything he did, being a YouTube star, releasing original music and trying to balance everything, has led to THIS moment. He’s an incredible change of sound in the changing landscape of Pop, and I know he can offer something more because all his songs sound promising!

Andrew Leaither says :

I am not a fan of this particular singer, but I understand where you coming from. I love most music and most genres when it comes to music. “Talk Me Down” seems like a song I will love and enjoy the artist and music videos.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1416101650380331/k2311a1016/10.16.15