HP 1000-1127TU, Laptop (Notebook)
  • Are you having difficulties on choosing the best brand and model for a laptop
  • Well, I congratulate you for having one less problem
  • Smudges and scratches can be easily seen so I dislike this part because you always have to clean it and I am lazy so nah
  • I think notebooks or laptops look much sleeker when their corners are pointed so I think this is based on your own preferences
  • I would not recommend this to people who are heavy users and are looking for a fast and reliable laptop or notebook

by Ms. Mycroft the Gamer

Is it the time of the year when you want a new gadget? Maybe a new laptop? Are you having difficulties on choosing the best brand and model for a laptop? Well, I congratulate you for having one less problem. I mean, you now have one less brand to choose from because today, I will be giving you my honest review on HP 1000-1127TU. I hope this review will be helpful so let’s start!
  • HP 1000-1127TU, Laptop (Notebook)
  • I will start with the physical appearance of the notebook. By the way, this HP is notebook type of laptop so I would use the term notebook multiple times in this review. The notebook looks alright. For me, it is just an average in terms of appearance. Its size is 14 inches and the size is suitable for people looking for a not so small notebook and not so large a laptop. The flip or the cover is the shiny type one which is prone to show fingerprint marks. It is not matte so for me, it does not look that sleek or clean. Smudges and scratches can be easily seen so I dislike this part because you always have to clean it and I am lazy so nah. The notebook is also not thin. I mean, it’s quite fat so it’s quite heavier than other new models. The corners of the notebook is curved. I think notebooks or laptops look much sleeker when their corners are pointed so I think this is based on your own preferences. By the way, the flip has HP design on it near the light in my pic above but it’s not that distinguishable since it has many smudges and the light forbids.

• HP 1000-1127TU, Laptop (Notebook)
  • Let’s look in to its capabilities and contents now. Checking the properties page from the system info, you will see that the notebook’s processor is Intel Core @ 2.40GHz. For me, this is quite slow for a notebook. Well, it’s forgivable since it is just a notebook and not a laptop but please! There are smartphones that run at 2.40GHz. So why buy a notebook if you can have a smartphone with the same specs? Well, maybe I’m just overreacting but just look at the RAM installed in the notebook. 2.00 GB? Is it not disappointing? I will definitely choose a Sony Xperia Z3 which has 3 GB RAM instead of this notebook if we’re talking about RAM. Like totally? Did I just bought an average phone or a notebook? This is really annoying since I am used to opening apps and not closing them while opening several others and this makes the notebook lag. I mean, really. Sometimes, I can call the lagging “stopping” since it literally stops. Sometimes, I need to press and hold the external power button just to have a definite contact with the operating system since it cannot even detect the mouse’s movements or keyboard shortcuts. The screen just stops and it is like it is a picture or screenshot since even when I am browsing, the loading symbol stops spinning or moving.

• HP 1000-1127TU, Laptop (Notebook)
  • Let’s move on to its keyboard. The notebook’s keyboard is quite different from other keyboards. The controls are different like when you press the F5 button on the keyboard, the system will not refresh but will open the default browser of your notebook. F12, on the other hand, is the button to press if you like to turn on or off your wireless connections and the button has a led light for convenience. I just didn’t like at first the arrow buttons of the notebook. Like for the first time I used it in playing Tetris on Facebook, I had a hard time getting used to the controls since the arrow buttons are quite small for my liking, especially the up and down buttons. Other than that, I don’t have any complaints about the keyboard. The keys are easy to press and I like the feels while typing because the texture of the keys is matte.

• HP 1000-1127TU, Laptop (Notebook)
  • Well, what do I have to say in terms of the graphics of the notebook? The graphics are alright. Nothing outstanding. When I look very closely at the screen, I would see very small pixels but of course, you would not use a notebook very close to your eyes so this does not bother me much. The colors are vivid enough. The brightness can also be adjusted but the darkest is still bright for me and the brightest is very bright so I don’t know if it is a good thing or bad.

• HP 1000-1127TU, Laptop (Notebook)
  • Have I told you that I am really annoyed with the battery life of this laptop? It cannot even last for 2 hours keeping in mind it is fully charged. The battery is not bloated or whatever but ever since I bought this laptop, the battery life is not really good. So I’ll just talk about random shiz about this notebook. The speakers are placed in front of the user, under the main platform so sound feels louder because of the mirror effect from where the notebook is placed. Sounds are just average. Not so loud, not so quiet. I like that the sounds from the speaker sounds good to the ears and it’s not like it comes from a can or something made of plastic. One more thing, I have been using this for years and now, I am hearing something weird inside the laptop. It’s like something is spinning with the fan inside and it’s making annoying sounds when I try to tilt the laptop. I have never dropped it nor slammed the screen so I don’t think it’s my fault. I’m just wishful thinking it’s just because of some sort of a stone that got inside the airway of the fan and it’s not something that can break or wear out my laptop.

• HP 1000-1127TU, Laptop (Notebook)
  • I love that it can be connected with an HDMI connector even though almost all laptops have this feature. It can also be connected with a LAN cable so it works just like a desktop. It can also be connected to an external speaker and of course with a headphones. There are also holes in line with these outlets for the hot air to pass through. Btw, bluetooth is also a feature the notebook possess and a webcam too above the screen. To sum these all up, I am quite satisfied that this notebook passed the standards of being like a real laptop. Remember, notebooks are somehow lower in standards compared to laptops. So, with this in mind, I find this notebook satisfying for my need for a desktop.

• HP 1000-1127TU, Laptop (Notebook)
  • On this side, you can connect flashdrives or whatever with the usb hosts. There are 3 hosts, 2 from this side and one from the left side of the notebook if you are in front of the screen. You can also burn a CD which is a very good point for this notebook. You can play DVD movies in this. This side also has the outlet for the charger. I am in love with the CD driver of this notebook since not all laptops have this feature. I can easily buy a cd installer for installing apps or updating my OS. So I love the fact that it has a cd drive. I am quite not satisfied on the other hand that it only has 3 usb hosts. I heard that my friend’s laptop has 4 hosts and so I became insecure with mine.

• HP 1000-1127TU, Laptop (Notebook)
  • So I bought this notebook for 25,980 in Philippine Peso at VillMan computer store with no discount so it’s quite expensive for a notebook. It comes with the charger, an optical mouse, usual instruction manuals, and a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 4 GB flashdrive. By the way, I did not add the flashdrive in the pic because it’s already worn out physically so it doesn’t look good but believe me, it’s still working. I love that it came with accessories like these so this is a good point for the notebook. Also, I love the mouse. It is a very user friendly for me and I like the feels when I use it. Its texture is matte and the buttons are easy to click. It also has some sliding thing in the middle of the buttons which made scrolling easier so I really really love the mouse.

The notebook is very useful for me but is it worth the price? Well, not really, at least for me. It always lags and the memory is not that big. This notebook is kind of heavy too. So my final verdict? I would not recommend this to people who are heavy users and are looking for a fast and reliable laptop or notebook. This is also quite pricey so I think, you should just take the time to research about other models or brands to save you money. What do you think of this? Have you tried this notebook? Let me know! Feel free to comment your opinions and suggestions below. Thank you! :)

quick note by anonymous :

I disclosed to you that I am truly irritated with the battery life of this portable workstation? It can’t keep going for 2 hours remembering it is completely charged. The battery is not bloated or whatever but rather as far back as I purchased this tablet, the battery life is not by any stretch of the imagination great. So I’ll simply discuss arbitrary shiz about this journal. The speakers are put before the client, under the primary stage so stable feels louder in light of the mirror impact from where the journal is put. Sounds are quite recently normal. Not all that uproarious, not all that calm. I like that the sounds from the speaker sounds great to the ears and dislike it originates from a can or something made of plastic. One additionally thing, I have been utilizing this for a considerable length of time and now, I am hearing something odd inside the tablet. It resembles something is turning the fan inside and it’s making irritating sounds when I attempt to tilt the tablet. I have never dropped it nor pummeled the screen so I don’t believe it’s my blame. I’m quite recently impractical speculation it’s a result or some likeness thereof of a stone that got inside the aviation route of the fan and it’s not something that can break or destroy my portable PC.

tuliy says :

The battery is the only bad thing about it, agree, i like the laptop features, but its not a keeper, my laptop still new yet needs ages to recharge and when i use in 2 hours finish the charge and go to re charge it, blame the company or the manufacure i dont know

Manikandan says :

re : Are you having difficulties on choosing the best brand and model for a laptop
I will start with the physical appearance of the notebook. By the way, this HP is notebook type of laptop so I would use the term notebook multiple times in this review. The notebook looks alright. For me, it is just an average in terms of appearance. Its size is 14 inches and the size is suitable for people looking for a not so small notebook and not so large a laptop. The flip or the cover is the shiny type one which is prone to show fingerprint marks. It is not matte so for me, it does not look that sleek or clean. Smudges and scratches can be easily seen so I dislike this part because you always have to clean it and I am lazy so nah. The notebook is also not thin. I mean, it s quite fat so it s quite heavier than other new models. The corners of the notebook is curved. I think notebooks or laptops look much sleeker when their corners are pointed so I think this is based on your own preferences. By the way, the flip has HP design on it near the light in my pic above but it s not that distinguishable since it has many smudges and the light forbids.

Let s look in to its capabilities and contents now. Checking the properties page from the system info, you will see that the notebook s processor is Intel Core [at] 2.40GHz. For me, this is quite slow for a notebook. Well, it s forgivable since it is just a notebook and not a laptop but please There are smartphones that run at 2.40GHz. So why buy a notebook if you can have a smartphone with the same specs? Well, maybe I m just overreacting but just look at the RAM installed in the notebook. 2.00 GB? Is it not disappointing? I will definitely choose a Sony Xperia Z3 which has 3 GB RAM instead of this notebook if we re talking about RAM. Like totally? Did I just bought an average phone or a notebook? This is really annoying since I am used to opening apps and not closing them while opening several others and this makes the notebook lag. I mean, really. Sometimes, I can call the lagging stopping since it literally stops. Sometimes, I need to press and hold the external power button just to have a definite contact with the operating system since it cannot even detect the mouse s movements or keyboard shortcuts. The screen just stops and it is like it is a picture or screenshot since even when I am browsing, the loading symbol stops spinning or moving.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6316101650320331/k2311a1016/10.16.15