The DivaWash: Botanically Enriched Cleanser for Face, Body & The DivaCup  » Health  »
2.5
  • When I purchased the DivaCup a few years ago, I decided I would also purchase a bottle of DivaWash
  • I remember looking at my first bottle of DivaWash and wondering if it was worth the $10CDN that I paid
  • Even with daily use, I found myself frequently forgetting that the product was so concentrated so I would end up using more than I needed to
  • In an attempt to combat this issue, I tried diluting the DivaWash - something I had heard of people doing when they would use it on their DivaCups
  • I know many women who have had extremely positive experiences with the DivaWash

• by Marley Justine

When I purchased the DivaCup a few years ago, I decided I would also purchase a bottle of DivaWash. It only made sense to purchase a product that claims to be formulated to protect the integrity of the silicone material in the cup or more specifically, designed for the DivaCup. Although I soon reached the conclusion that the DivaCup was not the menstrual cup for me, I continued to use the DivaWash. After all, the DivaWash can be used as a face and body wash.

I remember looking at my first bottle of DivaWash and wondering if it was worth the $10CDN that I paid. However, I quickly learned that this product is extremely concentrated and you really only need the smallest drop to wash your DivaCup. So, if you’re going to be using the DivaWash exclusively on your DivaCup, one bottle should last a long time. And since it is concentrated, even if you use it on your face

and body, a little product is still going to go a long way. Even with daily use, I found myself frequently forgetting that the product was so concentrated so I would end up using more than I needed to. In an attempt to combat this issue, I tried diluting the DivaWash - something I had heard of people doing when they would use it on their DivaCups. However, I was not happy with the results. I’m sure it was still effective but it almost a texture issue. I didn’t feel like I was washing my body, I just felt like I was playing with soapy water.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with claims that the DivaWash could serve as a ‘moisturizing body wash’ and that it would ‘never leave your skin dry’. This really surprised me. I’m not normally someone who struggles or suffers from dry skin. But sure enough, while using this as a face and body wash during the cold, winter months, I ended up having very dry skin. After I didn’t have success playing around with different moisturizers, I stopped using the DivaWash for a few days and sure enough, my dry skin improved. With that said, I know women who do have a tendency to get dry skin in the winter who have had no issues using this.

I may have experienced dry skin while using this was a body and face wash but thankfully, whether I was using it on my body, face or the DivaCup, I did not experience any irritation… until I used in the bath, as opposed to the shower. Of all things, I ended up with a minor yeast infection. Since the DivaWash was the only product I had never used in the bath before, I brought it with me when I went to the doctor - I wanted to know if it was possible for this supposedly ...

• The DivaWash: Botanically Enriched Cleanser for Face, Body & The DivaCup
      ‘all-natural’, pH balanced, gentle cleanser to lead to a yeast infection. What I learned shocked me…

Apparently, ‘all-natural’ doesn’t always mean ‘all-natural’. Who would have thought? Furthermore, my doctor pointed out that ‘xanthan gum’ is listed as an ingredient. She told me that this is actually a fermented sugar, used as a thickening agent in many body care products and is linked to yeast infections. I could not believe it.

For a while, I used the DivaWash to pre-soak cloth menstrual pads. Of course, after the incident with the yeast infection, I stopped using this. There are too many truly natural and more effective ways to pre-treat these pads. Why risk it?

Knowing that this is not the most natural product and that it contains ingredients that are actually associated with yeast infections, remember, when using this on your DivaCup, rinse it well before reinserting. And remember, in addition to cleaning your DivaCup with DivaWash, you should also sterilize your cup in

boiling water every month or two.

In addition to being free from parabens, petrochemicals and sulfates, the botanically-enriched DivaWash is not tested on animals. The product does have a citrus-like scent, which I don’t mind (it’s not my favorite scent in the world, but it’s not the worst), but I find the scent is only noticeable when you’re actually using the product - it does not linger once it has been rinsed off.

The DivaWash can be purchased online and in many supermarkets and drugstores. After repurchasing a couple of times, I do not think I will be buying this again. Since I no longer use the DivaCup, and I decided against using this on cloth pads, the only use I have for it would be as a face and body cleanser and based on my experience, it just isn’t the product for me. But don’t let that discourage you. I know many women who have had extremely positive experiences with the DivaWash.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415101650300431/k2311a1015/10.15.15