Hostess Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
  • Maybe the company has released pumpkin-flavored snack foods in the past and I've just never noticed, but I don't at all recall seeing the Hostess Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes that are in stores now before, and I usually have a pretty keen eye for pumpkin flavored foods since pumpkin is a favorite of mine
  • Traditional Hostess Cupcakes, those being the ones that consist of chocolate cake and chocolate frosting, along with the sweet cream filling and white swirl on top are tasty and good, but the Hostess Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are delicious and great
  • The colors of the cupcake go very well together and it definitely looks like an autumn-inspired treat
  • Hostess typically does deliver when it comes to freshness, in my experience with the company's products, and these cupcakes were no exception
  • I believe they are worth checking out by those that enjoy pumpkin spice flavored foods that are also somewhat sweet, too

• by CirclingCanvas

Hostess is one of the most familiar brand names in America. I imagine you would have a hard time finding someone that didn’t know what a Twinkie was. Considering the popularity of the brand, I’m really surprised that Hostess hadn’t taken advantage of the pumpkin craze that never fails to sweep the nation come September every year until this year. Maybe the company has released pumpkin-flavored snack foods in the past and I’ve just never noticed, but I don’t at all recall seeing the Hostess Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes that are in stores now before, and I usually have a pretty keen eye for pumpkin flavored foods since pumpkin is a favorite of mine.

Whereas I’m a definite fan of pumpkin, the Hostess brand has never really been one that I’ve been a regular purchaser of. From time to time, sure, I’ll indulge and buy a box of one of Hostess’ snack cakes, but not often. The Hostess Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes though sounded too good to pass up, and there

were some other Hostess autumn-inspired snack cakes alongside the cupcakes that looked good to, and when I got home, I realized never before had I purchased so many Hostess products in one shopping trip! There will be plenty of opportunity for me to talk about the other limited edition Hostess products in their respective reviews, as right now, I want to focus on the pumpkin cupcakes and share my thoughts on them with those that are curious.

Traditional Hostess Cupcakes, those being the ones that consist of chocolate cake and chocolate frosting, along with the sweet cream filling and white swirl on top are tasty and good, but the Hostess Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are delicious and great! Not only do these colorful cupcakes look appetizing, but more importantly, they are! The decorative, autumn-colored sprinkles of yellow, red, orange and brown help capture the feel of the season and they sit on top of a fluffy white frosting that covers the top of orange pumpkin-flavored cake portion of the cupcake. The

colors of the cupcake go very well together and it definitely looks like an autumn-inspired treat.

As for how the cupcakes taste, well, it is a Hostess product after all, so you know it’s going to be sweet, because the vast majority of Hostess’ products are just that: sweet. The sweetest portion of these cupcakes is the layer of frosting on top, which is somewhat reminiscent of a cream cheese frosting that can be found down the baking aisle of most stores and is made by most brands that make frosting for cakes and pastries, like Pillbury and Betty Crocker. While these cupcakes from Hostess don’t have frosting that’s quite as fluffy and smooth as what you might find in a tub of frosting, the cream cheese flavor is still quite good and the texture of the frosting is certainly passable in my book.

While the sweetness of the frosting is certainly something that one can’t miss when biting into one of these cupcakes, once you get past the frosting, the pumpkin spice portion ...

• Hostess Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
      of the cupcake is where the real flavor kicks in. Yes, the frosting portion of the cupcake is nice, but it’s more sweet than anything, whereas the pumpkin spice portion has actual flavors to enjoy, like nutmeg and ginger; basically ingredients that would go into making an actual pumpkin pie. The pumpkin spice cake is surprisingly well crafted and high quality for a snack cake. It really tastes like pumpkin and adding to my satisfaction was that the cupcakes were just as soft and moist as a typical cupcake from Hostess. Hostess typically does deliver when it comes to freshness, in my experience with the company’s products, and these cupcakes were no exception. Of course, the typical white sweet cream filling found in other Hostess cupcakes is also included with these cupcakes, although I feel it would have been a cool idea if instead a whipped cream would have been used instead as I feel that would have gone along with the pumpkin theme and gone well with the pumpkin flavor, too.

The Hostess Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are a definite hit from my point of view. They look festive and tasty, but they also taste great too. The worst thing about them is that they’re too addicting and it requires will power on my part to not eat more than one! I believe they are worth checking out by those that enjoy pumpkin spice flavored foods that are also somewhat sweet, too. Anyone that’s had a Hostess Cupcake before pretty much already knows what to expect here, as the main difference here really is in place of the chocolate cake is the pumpkin spice cake. Of course too, the frosting on top is different, not being chocolate either, but as far as freshness goes, the cupcakes are just as soft and moist, and the size of the cupcakes are the same, being that one will fit in the palm of one’s hand. Without question, this is definitely one of Hostess’ best snack cake products and pumpkin spice lovers should consider giving the cupcakes a try!

KCraus says :

I was so excited when my mom brought these home. I just tried a Pumpkin Spice Cupcake, and I m not sure if my pallet has gotten too refined. It s been a while since I ve had packaged cakes. The first sensation I got as soon as I bit into it was an overwhelming amount of chemicals that were trying to pretend to be spices. It was pretty shocking and slap-in-your-face.

CirclingCanvas replies :

Well, Hostess, much like a lot of other companies out there nowadays, does use a lot of artificial flavors and colors and stuff in place of more expensive, natural ingredients, in order to mass market the products at an attractive retail price. By no means would any person recommend eating these or other foods loaded with sugar, fat, additives and whatnot regularly, but as an occasional treat? I think they’re okay, when enjoyed in strict moderation and along with a balanced diet. It’s true too that a Hostess snack cake isn’t going to really compare to pastries from a quality bakery or what a talented person can prepare in his/her kitchen with quality ingredients, but it’s an affordable, quick, snack cake that can satisfy a person’s sweet tooth. It’s not something that’s going to appeal to everyone, but I thought they were pretty good and I’m enjoying a few here and there while they’re around.

RAJIV KUMAR SRIVASTAVA says :

re : I believe they are worth checking out by those that enjoy pumpkin spice flavored foods that are also somewhat sweet, too
pumpkin flavoured snakes are best i tested ever.this is my favourate flavour and spicy taste added is addon.

Lubos Pokrivcak says :

The topping makes the color of the pumpkin pop, so it compliments it very well. It just screams autumn.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715101650290431/k2311a1015/10.15.15