Benefit Cosmetic’s “Girl Meets Pearl (Liquid Pearl for Face)”
  • Unfortunately, my experience with Girl Meets Pearl hasn't been entirely positive
  • As much as I love this product and want to encourage others to try it, if you have oily skin, I definitely recommend you opt for a powder highlighter, not a liquid highlighter
  • Of course, to maximize the longevity of this highlighter, I recommend using a setting spray
  • It is a beautiful blend of gold and pink and as I said, I think it creates a very natural looking glow
  • That being said, I received a small squeeze tube and I found it very easy to control the amount of product

• by Marley Justine

Back in May, I purchased Benefit Cosmetics’ ‘Primping With The Stars: All Time Greatest “Fake-Its” Kit’ from Sephora. One of the products included in this kit was the Girl Meets Pearl (Liquid Pearl for Face). Now, there are a few exceptions but for the most part, I’m not really a fan of liquid highlighters so I was prepared for the possibility that I would not be happy with this product. Much to my surprise, this is another exception to my standard ‘no liquid highlighters’ rule.

Unfortunately, my experience with Girl Meets Pearl hasn’t been entirely positive. You see, my skin goes from dry (which is rare, but it does happen) to normal to oily. While I have not used this on my

skin when I was experiencing any dryness, I have used it on days where my skin was cooperating (normal) and days where it was oily. On days where my skin was more on the oily side, this liquid highlighter just did not work. I quickly realized that it made my face look very shiny and it didn’t blend as nicely. In addition to not looking or applying as nice when my skin was oily, the longevity of this highlighter seemed to decrease.

As much as I love this product and want to encourage others to try it, if you have oily skin, I definitely recommend you opt for a powder highlighter, not a liquid highlighter. At least for me, I find this

helps absorb the oils.

Fortunately, when my skin was not on the oily side, this worked wonderfully. On these days, it looked absolutely beautiful and created a very natural, dewy (but not greasy) looking glow, and it was a breeze to blend. It also lasted much longer than it did on oily skin. Of course, to maximize the longevity of this highlighter, I recommend using a setting spray.

Normally, I apply this to the top of my cheeks. I have also used this to do a brow highlight, and to highlight around my forehead and chin, as well as my cupid’s bow. Typically, this is the last product I apply to my face (so it is applied on top of foundation, blush, bronzer,

• Benefit Cosmetic's
      etc…) but over the summer, when I had a natural tan, I wore this alone and provided I applied a moisturizer to my skin first, I was quite happy with how this highlighter looked and with how long it lasted.

For those of you who do not like scented products, I’ll warn you, this does have a slight scent - it reminds me of raspberries. However, I only notice the scent while I am applying the product - as soon as I blend it on my skin, the scent seems to vanish.

I absolutely love the color of this highlighter. It is a beautiful blend of gold and pink and as I said, I think it creates a very natural looking glow. Because

this creates a natural glow, I find it is appropriate for everyday use.

If want your highlight to really stand out, you might want to try the Benefit Cosmetics’ High Beam Liquid Face Highlighter instead of Girl Meets Pearl. as High Beam is much brighter and much more noticeable on the skin.

Even though Girl Meets Pearl is a little on the pricey side (0.4oz for $39CDN at Sephora), in my experience, a little product goes a long way and I am eager to repurchase. That being said, I received a small squeeze tube and I found it very easy to control the amount of product. I am curious to see whether or not this is true with the full-sized version.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115101650250431/k2311a1015/10.15.15