Charade, book by Nyrae Dawn
  • I know there's a bit more to him that what is shown in Charade, his character is very complete and even though he has very few appearances throughout the book, he shows up just in time, in all the right situations to make me wanna know more about what's underneath his own facade, which made me really happy that the second book of the series, Facade, was focused on his character
  • And no, her writing is not the best in this world, but damn, there's something about her that always catches me as soon as I start reading
  • So I recommend this book and author to anyone who wants to feel real things, each book has an especial piece of her soul, so it will definitely be a great ride

• by Andy Diaz

Charade by Nyrae Dawn is a very emotional and touching book. It’s about two people that between charades and farces find themselves, matured and learn that everyone has their flaws. That it’s okay to need people and be needed. It has a very pretty message and it inspired me, personally.

Cheyenne it’s a girl that on the outside she’s strong, brave and perfect, but everything is a farce, because on the inside she’s fragile, she suffers from panic attacks and is still hurting from her mother leaving. Colt’s charade is being a tough guy, with a don’t-care-about-anything-or-anybody attitude. The tattoos that cover his arms and part of his back just support his charade. But deep inside, just like Cheyenne, he’s fragile, he worries about the people closest to him (even

if he doesn’t want to), but especially, he’s afraid of losing the only person who’s always been there for him through everything: his mother. Colt dies inside a little bit more every time he watches his mom being consumed by cancer. He’s afraid of the day when he won’t have her by his side any longer, the day where he loses the only family he has.

Both of them, Cheyenne and Colt, start a little charade games, where they both get benefits from their “innocent” game. Cheyenne will show her ex-boyfriend that she wasn’t actually hurt by him cheating on her, that she’s strong and is capable of going forward on her own. And Colt will receive money to take care of his mother. But suddenly, things change, one farce

leads to another. All of a sudden, they find relieve in one another. At one moment, the charade begins to feel real more and more with time. However, the more they play their game; the more they lose to each other. And the farce, the walls that they keep between them starts to leave them completely bare. And that’s how they realize that nobody’s perfect, that is good the need and have someone there for you, to pick you up when you fall down. Together, they’re vulnerable and goddamned strong at the same time.

Between all of that, Charade is incredibly touching. The scenes between Colt’s mother and him broke my heart in pieces, to realize how hard it was for her to think about leaving her son alone was ...

• Charade, book by Nyrae Dawn
      heart wrecking, she was just as afraid as him, but despite that, there wasn’t a moment where she didn’t encouraged and cheered him on to be happy, to be strong and move on. The last 20% of the story made my cried my eyes out, and it sucks, cause nobody told me at the beginning that I would need a freaking box of tissues! My heart just broke, it was hard, especially when you can relate so much to their story.

I loved the secondary characters as well, especially Adrian, Colt’s roommate and friend. I know there’s a bit more to him that what is shown in Charade, his character is very complete and even though he has very few appearances throughout the book, he shows up just in time,

in all the right situations to make me wanna know more about what’s underneath his own facade, which made me really happy that the second book of the series, Facade, was focused on his character. Loved it.

Anyways, Nyrae Dawn’s books simply fascinate me. And no, her writing is not the best in this world, but damn, there’s something about her that always catches me as soon as I start reading. Every one of her books and characters that I’ve read are so real. I will definitely keep her on my radar. So I recommend this book and author to anyone who wants to feel real things, each book has an especial piece of her soul, so it will definitely be a great ride. And warning, keep the tissues close. You’re welcome ;)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1714101650220631/k2311a1014/10.14.15