LUSH Cosmetics ‘Bubblegum’ Lip Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • With the weather getting colder, I decided to treat my lips to the LUSH Cosmetics Bubblegum Lip Scrub
  • In addition to smelling delicious, it tastes good on your lips
  • I like that I recognize the ingredients, that it's safe enough to eat, it cruelty free, it smells amazing and most importantly, it works
  • If you're looking to purchase a lip scrub, I do recommend you give this one a try
  • As I said, this does cost $9.95CDN and while that is much more than I'd spend if I made my own, I'll admit, a little product does go a long way so the jar does last quite some time

• by Marley Justine

With the weather getting colder, I decided to treat my lips to the LUSH Cosmetics Bubblegum Lip Scrub.

Now, personally I find it hard to justify the $9.95CDN price tag. It’s not that this lip scrub isn’t effective but at the end of the day, it’s 25g of flavored sugar and oil - I can make my own lip scrub that is just as effective for less money. So, while I am happy to have this at the moment, it’s something I buy twice a year at the most.

However, for those of you who don’t like

or don’t want to make your own lip scrubs, this one from LUSH is an excellent option.

Now, like the name suggests, this lip scrub has a very potent bubblegum scent. If you do not like strong sweet scents or if you don’t like the smell of bubblegum, you will not like this. It’s as simple as that. When I smell this, I also notice a slight cotton candy or strawberry smell. I like it. I think it smells absolutely delicious.

In addition to smelling delicious, it tastes good on your lips. I normally don’t lick lip scrubs off of my lips when I am done but this was one I couldn’t resist trying. I’ll be honest - it tasted like candy. However, I quickly realized that I was licking the dead skin I had scrubbed off. Since that gross realization, I have just wiped this from my lips after using. But still, the fact that I have the option to lick it off of my lips makes me feel safe using it.

For those of you who find this to be messy, I have heard that if you apply lip balm first and ...

• LUSH Cosmetics 'Bubblegum' Lip Scrub
      then use this, the scrub will stick to the balm and you won’t get as much fall out. While I do find this to be a little messy, I just use it over the bathroom sink and wipe down the sink and counter when I’m done so I haven’t actually tried the lip balm trick myself.

While I may not have tried applying lip balm before using this, I always apply a moisturizing lip balm after using. The scrub itself is gentle but effective at exfoliating your lips and leaving them looking and feeling soft and

smooth. Let’s face it, a moisturizing lip balm is key to maintaining this softness.

Overall, I really love this lip scrub. I like that I recognize the ingredients, that it’s safe enough to eat, it cruelty free, it smells amazing and most importantly, it works. If you’re looking to purchase a lip scrub, I do recommend you give this one a try. As I said, this does cost $9.95CDN and while that is much more than I’d spend if I made my own, I’ll admit, a little product does go a long way so the jar does last quite some time.

laila says :

re : As I said, this does cost $9.95CDN and while that is much more than I’d spend if I made my own, I’ll admit, a little product does go a long way so the jar does last quite some time
best lip treatment ever, and it tastes good too.

laila says :

its worth every dollar

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114101650200631/k2311a1014/10.14.15