Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • For some reason, I'm assuming my positive experience using Revlon, including Revlon PhotoReady, products in the past, I thought my experience would be different
  • Before even trying this product, I found something I didn't like about it and that was the packaging
  • I think the description Revlon was looking for was 'white'
  • I learned the hard way that this powder actually shows up in photography if you use flash

• by Marley Justine

Have you ever read negative reviews about a product but purchased it anyway? That’s exactly what I did with the Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher. Now, you might be wondering, ‘What were you thinking?’ Well, I’m not entirely sure. For some reason, I’m assuming my positive experience using Revlon, including Revlon PhotoReady, products in the past, I thought my experience would be different. But as it turns out, this was nothing like my experience with other Revlon products and the negative reviews I had read prior to purchasing were all very accurate.

Before even trying this product, I found something I didn’t like about it and that was the packaging. I realize this is a drugstore powder but why is the packaging so bland and bulky? At the end of the day, if

I am happy with a product, I can live with bland and bulky packaging, but this particular packaging is extremely difficult to open and there’s no way I can ignore that.

Along with the pressed powder, the compact also includes a small brush. If you are about to use this for the first time or if you are considering purchasing it, do yourself a favor and throw the brush out immediately. It’s useless. There’s no nicer way to put it. It’s small, it doesn’t apply product evenly and it is scratchy.

Unfortunately, the drugstore I purchased this at did not have it available as a tester but again, up until this point, my experience with Revlon products had been great and it was ‘translucent’, I didn’t feel like I needed to swatch it like I would if I was using a product that came in different shades. As it turns out, ‘translucent’ might be the wrong word. I think the description Revlon was looking for was ‘white’. This is a white powder. And it does not blend well at all. I’ve tried blending it but honestly, I think I just end up brushing the product off of my face.

This is supposed to be a setting powder, so I just have to ask, why does it contain a noticeable shimmer? And when I say noticeable, I do mean, noticeable. My husband actually looked at me, then did a double take and said with a laugh, “What’s up Sparkles?” And I’d just like to say, my husband doesn’t notice my makeup often.

Because this ...

• Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher
      is white, not translucent and because it contains a shimmer, I don’t find I can create a natural look with this. It is always noticeable. I feel like I’d get the same results if I combined sparkles and baby powder. It certainly seems to have the same amount of fall out, regardless of what makeup brush I use.

Like I said, this is supposed to be a setting powder but I can with confidence that this does not set my makeup. In fact, I get better results not using a setting powder than I do using this.

Really, the only good thing I can say about this finishing powder is that it didn’t irritate my skin. And by that, I mean it didn’t cause breakouts. Believe me, I experimented with this, and anytime

I used it, I was unhappy with the way my skin looked - if my skin was oily that day, the shimmer made it look more oily; the powder seemed to cling to fine hairs and emphasize my pores; and on days where my skin was a little dry, the powder seemed to cake. I could not win.

And so much for the same “PhotoReady”. I learned the hard way that this powder actually shows up in photography if you use flash.

Not surprisingly, I will not be repurchasing the Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher and I am quick to discourage others from purchasing it. It is a waste of money.

For those of you looking for the secret to being happy with this finishing powder, I have it - throw it out.

Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher
Brittany says :

I really don’t like it, it makes my skin look dry like its peeling, and it doesn’t cover every imperfection like it says, it actually has pretty light coverage, so if your going to go spend money on makeup I wouldn’t recommend this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114101650190631/k2311a1014/10.14.15