Mango Shower Gel from The Body Shop  » Cosmetics  »
  • However, this mango-scented shower gel lacks that fake smell and instead, The Body Shop has managed to create a truly delicious smelling, natural mango scent
  • Something else that I have noticed about the scent of this shower gel is that if I use it in the morning while I'm feeling groggy, it seems to help awaken me
  • The Mango Shower Gel from The Body Shop is quite moisturizing and I love how soft my skin feels after using
  • This is definitely a product I like to use during the fall and winter months when my skin requires a little extra moisture
  • I know I have received a travel-sized version of this shower gel as part of a gift before, and I'm convinced that it came in a larger bottle in the past, but at the moment, I am only able to find it in the 250ml bottle which costs $9CDN at The Body Shop

• by Marley Justine

When it comes to talking about the Mango Shower Gel from The Body Shop, there is only one place to start… the scent. Have you ever smelled this?

I find that a lot of mango-scented body products (shower gels and bubble baths, moisturizers, body scrubs, body sprays, etc…) can sometimes have an unfortunately fake smell to them. Sometimes I find the smell reminds me of chemicals, other times, I find the smell is artificially-sweet, almost candy-like. However, this mango-scented shower gel lacks that fake smell and instead, The Body Shop has managed to create a truly delicious smelling, natural mango scent. That being said, this is a strong scent and I’m sure for some, it is ‘too strong’.

After using the Mango Shower Gel from The Body Shop, the delightful mango scent lingers temporarily, but for me,

it fades far too quickly. If I’m looking to intensify the mango-scent, I will combine this product with The Body Shop’s Mango Body Scrub or Mango Body Butter. Most recently, it was recommended that I pair the shower gel with The Body Shop’s Mango Beautifying Oil, however, I have not gotten around to trying this. Have you paired these two products? If so, I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Something else that I have noticed about the scent of this shower gel is that if I use it in the morning while I’m feeling groggy, it seems to help awaken me. On the other hand, if I use this at night, I find the smell, despite its strength, can actually be quite soothing and relaxing.

Because this is a soap-free shower gel, I find it rinses easily and unlike some other moisturizing shower gels, it doesn’t leave behind a residue on my skin or in my bathtub or shower.

The Mango Shower Gel from The Body Shop is quite moisturizing and I love how soft my skin feels after using. This is definitely a product I like to use during the fall and winter months when my skin requires a little extra moisture.

For best results, I recommend applying the Mango Shower Gel to a loofah or a natural sea sponge. I find this creates the best lather using a surprisingly small amount of product.

Whether or not this shower gel was intended to be used as a bubble bath (there’s no indication that it was on the packaging), I have used it as bubble bath in the past. While I had to use more product than ...

• Mango Shower Gel from The Body Shop
      I would using it as a shower gel, I found it did foam up nicely. However, if you are prone to yeast infections or UTIs, I would not recommend using this as a bubble bath. Instead, I definitely recommend a natural product.

Unfortunately, this shower gel probably makes a decent bubble bath because the second ingredient listed is SLS or Sodium Laureth Sulfate. This is also a possible explanation for why so little product creates such a rich lather on a loofah or sponge. Personally, I hate exposing myself to SLS and I do try to avoid it when possible. And I’ll admit, I do not use this every single day. I alternate between a number of products. Despite the ingredients, I have yet to find a mango scented shower gel that I like more than this one

from The Body Shop. What can I say? The Body Shop’s Mango Shower Gel has set the bar high.

I know I have received a travel-sized version of this shower gel as part of a gift before, and I’m convinced that it came in a larger bottle in the past, but at the moment, I am only able to find it in the 250ml bottle which costs $9CDN at The Body Shop. Unless I’m making my own bath products, this is not an usual price point for me, so I don’t really mind the price. That being said, The Body Shop frequently has sales and promotions, and since I can run up a large bill if I spend too much time in their stores or on their website, I try to only visit when they have a sale on.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113101650070631/k2311a1013/10.13.15