Solic SLR-306 MV Stereo Headphones
  • I assumed buying a proper pair of headphones with a microphone attached was going to cost me a minimum of 5000 JMD
  • The thing was when I bought it I thought it did look a little flimsy and even the chord looked a little thinner than a few of the other headphones that I'd seen on display
  • It feels as if I can twist and bend it as I please and I still have not noticed any shorts
  • The problem that I had with these is that unlike the chord they didn't seem as strong
  • However, it's not necessarily the best option for listening to music

by Redtape

I assumed buying a proper pair of headphones with a microphone attached was going to cost me a minimum of 5000 JMD. This was because I remembered seeing some a few years earlier that fell in that price range. To my great amazement however, I saw the Solic SLR-306 MV Stereo Headphones on display for 1000 JMD.

At first I assumed that the price was so low because it was probably cheaply made and wouldn’t last me more than a month. Nevertheless, I took a chance on it anyway and so far it has lasted me over three months.

• Solic SLR-306 MV Stereo Headphones
  • The Solic SLR-306 MV Stereo Headphones are red black and silver. The pair came in a black and red paper cardboard package with a transparent plastic casing. There are two metal posts on either side of the headphones which give the user the option to adjust the fit to the size or shape of his or her head. The poles are attached to the speakers, which are padded with a comfortable black spongy material; and then of course there’s the adjustable microphone attached to the left speaker. If you look further down on the thick cord you’ll see a dial which can adjust the volume of the sound.

• Solic SLR-306 MV Stereo Headphones
  • It didn’t take me long to realise that the pair of Solic SLR-306 MV Stereo Headphones is actually stronger than it looks. The thing was when I bought it I thought it did look a little flimsy and even the chord looked a little thinner than a few of the other headphones that I’d seen on display. However, the rope-like consistency of it has made it a lot more durable to me than some of the headphone rubber covered wires. It feels as if I can twist and bend it as I please and I still have not noticed any shorts.

However, the bottom of the chord branches into two adapters. There’s the pink adapter which connects the microphone and the green adapter connects the speaker. The problem that I had with these is that unlike the chord they didn’t seem as strong. It turns out that I had the right idea when I saw the adapters first, because right now the speaker adapter is bent. It’s not through too much rough handling on my end though, and even though it’s not obvious, it feels as if the microphone adapter is heading there as well.

• Solic SLR-306 MV Stereo Headphones
  • I love the microphone. As I already mentioned it’s adjustable which is always a huge bonus. If I only want to listen to music I just twist the microphone out of my way and listen to music. Similarly, if I’m on Skype and plan to talk to someone I just adjust the angle of it based on what sounds or feels best to me.

That same microphone is perfect because even though it never said “noise-cancelling microphone” on the package, I rarely hear any background noise when using it. A friend of mine commented on that on Skype and I decided to conduct an experiment to test if it was actually true, and it wasn’t that my environment was somehow quieter.

I got a CD player, put it beside me and turned it to one of it’s loudest settings. However, depending on how I would adjust the microphone I would either hear nothing or I could barely hear the music in the background. At the same time my voice was loud and crystal clear.

• Solic SLR-306 MV Stereo Headphones
  • I also like that the headphones has a decent enough volume. That might sound like a strange statement, but I’ve bought several earphones and headphones before where everything sounded very low no matter how much I would turn up whatever device I connected it to.

I think that the bonus with the pair of Solic SLR-306 MV Stereo Headphones too is that it has an adjustable function for the volume. Therefore, as I previously mentioned you have the option of spinning the dial to turn the volume up or down.

• Solic SLR-306 MV Stereo Headphones
  • I felt that the bass could have been a lot better though. While it was fairly decent, I still think that the effect could have been a lot more impressive. When I listen to my music with headphone, especially songs with a heavy bass, I want to hear that prevalent sound. I don’t want my headphones to sound as if I’m listening to music with “affordable” earphones.

I believe that Solic SLR-306 MV Stereo Headphones are good affordable option for having conversations on Skype or any kind of audio chat. The microphone is clear and the headphones have a good quality sound. However, it’s not necessarily the best option for listening to music.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1612101650030131/k2311a1012/10.12.15