MAC Pro Longwear Eyeliner (Rich Experience)  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I purchased the MAC Pro Longwear Eyeliner in the shade 'Rich Experience' back in March 2015 with one thing in mind - my wedding in July
  • Ultimately, I decided on this eyeliner, after several hours of researching my options, because of the brand's reputation and what this specific eyeliner promised, which was longevity
  • Despite my research (for lack of better words), I somehow missed that this eyeliner required sharpening so when it arrived and I realized this, I was immediately disappointed
  • Sorry, but I don't like the feeling of my lash line being scratched by my eyeliner
  • Based on my own experiences, I would not recommend the MAC Pro Longwear Eyeliner in the shade 'Rich Experience' to others

• by Marley Justine

I purchased the MAC Pro Longwear Eyeliner in the shade ‘Rich Experience’ back in March 2015 with one thing in mind - my wedding in July. Ultimately, I decided on this eyeliner, after several hours of researching my options, because of the brand’s reputation and what this specific eyeliner promised, which was longevity.

Despite my research (for lack of better words), I somehow missed that this eyeliner required sharpening so when it arrived and I realized this, I was immediately disappointed. I can say with confidence that if I hadn’t missed this important detail, I would not have purchased this eyeliner. I just don’t like eyeliners that require sharpening. The first few uses are fine but once I sharpen them, I find I never get a nice point, they get a little messy and quite frankly,

I don’t find they apply smoothly. Sorry, but I don’t like the feeling of my lash line being scratched by my eyeliner.

Wanting to save the ‘perfect’ tip, I actually put off using this liner for the first time until my wedding day. Sure, some may call that move ‘risky’, but I have no regrets. Unfortunately, that perfect tip was short lived. Since my wedding day, I have continued to use this eyeliner and even if I did like eyeliners that require sharpening, I think I would be disappointed with this. I do not find it sharpens well. Mind you, I’ve heard that’s because I’m not using the right sharpener. Apparently, MAC liners only sharpen properly if you use a MAC sharpener. To me, that’s just low and I don’t want to believe it. Hopefully someone can tell me that this is false. Else, I will be very disappointed with MAC Cosmetics.

On my wedding day, I used a very light hand to apply this liner to my bottom lash line only. The use of a light hand was intentional, ‘Rich Experience’ is a highly pigmented, beautiful, creamy brown but I did not want it to be the focus. Even with a shaky hand, the pigment was easy to control and had a smooth application.

As part of the Pro Longwear line, this eyeliner is designed to last up to 12 hours and in my experience, ‘up to’ is right. About six hours after applying, I noticed that it was starting to fade. Was this because I applied my eyeliner with such a light hand? Are you supposed to use ...

• MAC Pro Longwear Eyeliner (Rich Experience)
      a little force so that it’s pigmented and it takes longer to fade? I don’t know. All I know is that it started fading much earlier than I expected.

While I agree that the MAC Pro Longwear Eyeliner lives up to it’s ‘water resistant’ promise, I think it is important to remember that water proof and water resistant are two different things. It may have been able to handle a few tears on my wedding day, but after an hour at the beach less than a month later, it was gone. But unlike a lot of other eyeliners which smudge and run when you’re in the water, I found this simply vanished. I was disappointed that it didn’t last but happy that it wasn’t running down my face.

It has been nearly three months since my wedding

and my MAC Pro Longwear Eyeliner is nearing the end of its life. Based on my own research prior to purchasing, I know that a lot of people think very highly of this eyeliner. But unfortunately, I do not share this view and I have no plans to repurchase this eyeliner. There are just too many eyeliners out there that I have had success with to waste my time giving this a second chance. Even if I ignore the fact that this eyeliner requires sharpening, I do not feel that it is worth the price ($24CDN). Let’s face it, some of the eyeliners I have had better experiences with were drugstore brands at half the price.

Based on my own experiences, I would not recommend the MAC Pro Longwear Eyeliner in the shade ‘Rich Experience’ to others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319101649870731/k2311a109/10.9.15