Jurassic World (2015 Science Fiction Adventure Movie)  » Movies  »
  • However, after hearing different people swear that the movie was actually pretty awesome, I decided to take my chances
  • On one hand I thought that the script was extremely cringe-worthy and that there were some things that made absolutely no sense
  • Now there are an unbelievable number of inaccuracies with this scene, but I think I'll cover the most obvious one
  • It has a lot of interesting scenes, and even the score is somewhat of a tribute to the original Jurassic Park film

by Redtape

I was one of those people who remembers being awed by the first Jurassic Park when I was a young child, so like some I was a little wary that another one was going to be released this year. However, after hearing different people swear that the movie was actually pretty awesome, I decided to take my chances.

It turns out that I have mixed feelings. On one hand I thought that the script was extremely cringe-worthy and that there were some things that made absolutely no sense. On the other hand however, I did enjoy the movie anyway and actually sat and watched it again.

• Jurassic World (2015 Science Fiction Adventure Movie)
  • Jurassic World which was released earlier on this year, is the fourth installment of the Jurassic Park franchise. In the movie a new park under the name of Jurassic Word opens 22 years after the events at the old Jurassic Park. The two brothers Zack and Gary are placed into the care of their aunt Claire who works there as the park’s Operations Manager, while their parents work through a divorce. However, when they get there they realise that Claire is too busy and has hired an English nanny to follow them around the park.

Not long after Zack and Gary arrive, a new genetically modified dinosaur Indominus Rex, escapes from her enclosure. Claire and the rest of the park’s management try desperately to capture the dinosaur alive, but after it becomes evident that the animal is killing for sport they begin trying to put it down.

At the same time, Claire Also realises that Zack and Gary have escaped from the custody of their nanny and are in the path of the bloodthirsty Indominus Rex. With the help of Owen Grady, the park’s Velociraptor trainor, the two head out to rescue the boys and kill the Indominus Rex.

• Jurassic World (2015 Science Fiction Adventure Movie)
  • I didn’t read a lot of reviews on this movie before watching it, but I remember the few that I read saying that a lot of the situations in it were very unrealistic. After watching it for myself I picked up on some.

One of them was the part where the boys escape the Indominous Rex and manage to find themselves in a section of the old Jurassic Park Visitor’s Centre. In the damp dirty spot that appears more like a cave than what used to me a man made structure, they find a few old cars and decide to fix one of them up.

Now there are an unbelievable number of inaccuracies with this scene, but I think I’ll cover the most obvious one. This would be the idea of Gary and Zack making one of those cars work after it sat there immobile for 22 years. You don’t need to be a mechanic or have an extensive knowledge about cars to figure out that obviously most of the parts would have to be replaced in order to get it to work. Some of them would have been rusted especially since the place was damp and dripping. Others would have been too caked with mud and might have had trees, shrubbery or some other kind of organism living inside.

However, by some mysterious feat none of that happens, the inside is clean and all the boys have to do is to find a way to jump start the car. This is even though Zack and Gary don’t even have enough equipment to jump start it.

• Jurassic World (2015 Science Fiction Adventure Movie)
  • Something else that also made the movie slightly unrealistic was the fact that Claire was doing all that running through mud and from a dinosaur in these wicked looking set of nude coloured heels. In reality when I wear something like that and mistakenly walk in mud I sink right down in it and become a very miserable person trying to pull them out.

Also remember that if you think about it Claire has been running for miles in those same heels from dinosaurs that are also pretty fast. I don’t even want to think about what it might be like trying to run for a half a mile in shoes looking like that.

• Jurassic World (2015 Science Fiction Adventure Movie)
  • The script as I mentioned was completely atrocious. I could not comprehend how such a badly written script was even conceived and allowed to go on to the big screen. I’ve come to the conclusion because there was a lot of dialogue that either made absolutely no sense or was so cliche and misplaced that it became cringe-worthy.

In one scene after the Indominous Rex escapes for the first time Claire goes to the control room and sees everyone looking somber and distressed. Then, she after looking around for a bit she says “Everyone remain calm”.

• Jurassic World (2015 Science Fiction Adventure Movie)
  • A part from all its flaws, the movie was fairly enjoyable like a number of people said and Indominous Rex’s antics were mostly responsible for that. At the same time though, I also loved the scenes with the “birds” or the pterosaurs who where attacking the visitors.

There is one particular scene that traumatised me. This was the one where Zack and Gary’s nanny was thrown back and forth between several pterosaurs before a huge Mosasaurus consumes one that has her in it’s grasp.

I think that if you’re able to look past the glaring flaws then you will definitely enjoy this movie. It has a lot of interesting scenes, and even the score is somewhat of a tribute to the original Jurassic Park film.

shawna says :

When I first herd that they were making a 4th Jurassic park I was a little hesitant. Usually when they try to remake an old classic it fails miserably. Boy, was I in for a surprise
I absolutely loved the movie I love the actors they used. I really liked how they used the valoceraptors as weapons to take down the big Dinosaur
They used a lot of “new” technology in this movie and it actually worked quite well as it was technology that will soon be used in today’s modern world
My favorite part of the movie was how they brought out the old “original” T-rex to take down the hybrid.And the one raptor that hated the main actor came to save the day.
As much as we don’t know about dinosaurs, One thing that they used in this movie, that people would do, is train dinosaurs to use them in some way. Just like we did with dogs, horses, cattle ect.
I was VERY impressed with this movie I dont usually EVER buy movies. But this movie I am going to buy to add to my collection of movies :)

Andrew Leith says :

I agree, I had my misgivings at first and was somewhat hesitant, but when I actually watched the movie, I was blown away into another world. It was fun and fantastic movie, and it was fun when they used the valoceraptors as weapons to take down the big Dinosaur, all action and engaging with the new technology. It was released on 9 June, 2015 and Stephen Spielberg makes great memorable movies. It reached an overwhelming high of $ 1.67 billion dollars. The actors and story line and plot all added to the excitement and suspense of the movie, and millions of people are going to add this one to their collection of great movies.

Andrew Leaither says :

I have seen this movie and it was exciting. Jurassic World 2015 movie was fun and great characters. I was not disappointed in the least, but rather on the edge of my seat. Great review to a great, outstanding.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119101649850731/k2311a109/10.9.15