Sustained, novel by Emma Chase  » Books  »
  • The first one was Tangled, which I enjoyed tremendously, then came Holy Friggin' Matrimony, which I thought was OK, and then Twisted, which was meh
  • But now that I'm writing this review, I think I can swallow my words
  • Jake knows he should avoid the complications and disasters that Chelsea and the six kids, ages between six months and fourteen, would bring to his life
  • There's and intensity and deepness between them that makes their relationship really funny but bittersweet at the same time
  • Sustained is totally recommend it to anyone that's looking for a fun, joyful and touching romance story

• by Andy Diaz

Before I started reading Sustained, I had my doubts about whether I was gonna like it or not. I’ve read four Emma books before this one. The first one was Tangled, which I enjoyed tremendously, then came Holy Friggin’ Matrimony, which I thought was OK, and then Twisted, which was meh. I lost all hope with her, and when I started reading Overruled, it just didn’t captured my attention. Honestly, I had no plans to read anything else from her, you know? But now that I’m writing this review, I think I can swallow my words. You have no idea how much I liked and enjoyed Sustained.

At his thirty years of

age, Jake Blecker has all his life planed out: to keep his relationships strictly casual with no complications and remained being the best lawyer at the firm he works at. That is until he stumbled with a nine year old boy outside his work… who runs away with his wallet. Jake could never have imagined it, but right there, in that moment, is when his life changes completely.

When Jake meets Chelsea McQuaid, a single and lovely, twenty-six year old woman, he’s charmed. However, warning bells start ringing when Jake finds out that Chelsea is in charge of her six orphan nephews. Jake knows he should avoid the complications and disasters that Chelsea and the six kids, ages between six months and fourteen, would bring to his life… because, come on, which man in the peak of life wants that kind of commitment? Or so he thought.

Jake, at first seemed to be the kind of guy who would never change, but then little by little I saw how his transformation started taking place. And it was incredible. To see Jake falling in love, despite trying to be indifferent to the six stubborn and naughty kids was spectacular. Besides, the relationship that develops with Chelsea was too sweet and romantic to read. There’s and intensity and deepness between them that makes their relationship really ...

• Sustained, novel by Emma Chase
      funny but bittersweet at the same time. Their passions, joys, sadness, fears, and hopes were amazing to feel.

And yes, the story that brings them together is sad, but the book itself was really touching. I can’t lie when I tell you that there were situations in which a simple word or gesture between the characters made my heart feel so many things. Others made me laugh and put a smile on my face, and there were others that were too nerve-wracking. I was completely hooked with the dynamic that develops between them, the book completely consumed me. Really, I loved every single thing about Sustained, from the childish innocence and the

naughtiness of the kids til the chemistry between Jake and Chelsea.

In the thanks note, Emma wrote that she hoped Sustained would the kind of story that would leave you in seventh heaven, that when you thought about it, it would make you feel happy. And specially, that it would turn into a special story for us. And, you know what? It did. At least, for me. Sustained is totally recommend it to anyone that’s looking for a fun, joyful and touching romance story. Honestly, I don’t know if I’ll ever like another Emma Chase book as much as I loved this one. Loved it, loved it loved it. Super recommend it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 178101649821031/k2311a108/10.8.15