Losing It, book by Cora Carmack  » Books  »
  • Bliss is a magnet for awkward situations, she tries to avoid them at all cost, but the girl just has no luck
  • Let's just say that in some cases, luck is on her side, and the crazy situations and unbelievable excuses makes her a really funny and original character
  • But now that we're talking about amazing, wonderful and yummy characters, let's talk about Garrick
  • Kelsey, the best friend of our heroine, always says what she thinks
  • I loved it and I recommend it to everyone who's looking for a fun time reading

• by Andy Diaz

When I started reading Losing It from Cora Carmack, I had a vague idea of what I could expect from it. But whether I would like it or not, I was very sure of one thing: this book would make me laugh like no other. Losing It is filled with moments that crack you up and characters that, in some way, always find themselves in awkward situations with the perfect touch of humor to stop them from being too… well, awkward.

Bliss Edwards is 22 years old, and the poor girl is the only virgin in her college! She is sick of that fact, so she decides to give away her V card before she graduates. What better

way to do it than with a one night stand? So in the perfect, or not so perfect, time, she meets Garrick Taylor, a boy completely lickable and British! Who can resist that? With his accent alone he is capable of melt all the girls, and believe, I would be one of those at his feet; I have a weakness for British accent.

But everything doesn’t come out as planned, and when they’re just a step away from the big moment, and I literally mean ONE step, Bliss panics and she leaves the poor boy completely naked and more than ready for some action. She gives the funniest and craziest excuse, one excuse that might come back and bite her in the ass later on. Or maybe, scratch her?

Bliss is a magnet for awkward situations, she tries to avoid them at all cost, but the girl just has no luck. It’s hilarious to see her struggle every day! Let’s just say that in some cases, luck is on her side, and the crazy situations and unbelievable excuses makes her a really funny and original character. You just can’t help but love her, or laugh til your belly hurts with her embarrassing actions. She’s just adorable.

But now that we’re talking about amazing, wonderful and yummy characters, let’s talk about Garrick. As I already mentioned, Garrick is British, and has an accent to die for, really, every ...

• Losing It, book by Cora Carmack
      time he said the word love, my knees couldn’t hold my weight, but if that wasn’t enough, besides his blue eyes and blond hair, he drives a motorcycle! And apart from being a total hottie, he’s the sweetest guy ever. He keeps up with Bliss’ craziness and adores her. It just can’t get better than this.

I also have to mention the secondary characters. These guys add a bit of more humor to the most unexpected situations. Rusty, Bliss’ theater classmate, is who always gets the party started. Kelsey, the best friend of our heroine, always says what she thinks… even if that ends up being really embarrassing for Bliss, and really funny for us. And then is

Cade. Cade stole my heart! He might be a little competition for Garrick. He was really adorable and sweet, and so good with Bliss. The author wrote a book for him, and let me tell you, I loved it.

Cora Carmack made me laugh so much with these characters. She did a great job, this was a very light and wonderful book full of craziness, but with some innocence as well that makes you relate to it. The storyline was very original and when Bliss finally loses her V card you just want to open a champagne bottle and celebrate with her. Lol. I loved it and I recommend it to everyone who’s looking for a fun time reading.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 178101649811031/k2311a108/10.8.15