Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation Makeup  » Cosmetics  »
  • I'm use to another brand of Maybelline foundation and wanted to try this one to see if it would be a worthy switch

• by Madeline Schelble Rascon

The texture of the Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse foundation makeup isn’t quite what I was hoping for. It’s soft and in between solid, power and liquid. I’m use to another brand of Maybelline foundation and wanted to try this one to see if it would be a worthy switch.

It does work well to cover up and even skin tone. I have a dark spots and uneven tone in my complexion. I don’t

need heavy concealer, just something to even out the general tone. This makeup worked pretty well evening the tone of my skin, but did feel a little bit heavy. It comes with w sponge to gently “wipe” the makeup on. I felt like it worked better to put it on using a brush, to lightly pat it on. Wiping it on with the sponge made it feel so heavy. Plus the whole action of pressing against the skin with a sponge irritated my skin. My skin is sensitive to scratches and bumps, etc. Everything shows and reddens my skin, showing unattractive marks. I didn’t like that the sponge was added as the preferable way to apply the foundation.

Like I said, I used a brush to apply it, doing a little bit at a time and thoroughly blending it in, which helped not irritate my skin ...

• Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation Makeup
      and make the makeup itself feel less heavy.

The makeup could have been a little lighter and airy. As the day wears on the makeup sinks into the lines on my face and makes me look more tired than I would if I wasn’t wearing it at all. Also if you have peach fuzz I feel like it really brings it out and makes it noticeable.

This foundation will make you look good

for photos, presentations and anything that people are looking at you from a distance. But close up and in person it’s really obvious that your wearing foundation. I would prefer for it to look more natural and not so caked-on.

I won’t be buying the Dream Matte Mouse foundation again. It works while I have it, till I run out. But once it’s all used I’m going to try something else and won’t be getting it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317101649761131/k2311a107/10.7.15