Tarte Maracuja Lip Exfoliant  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • My experiences with Tarte products have always been hit or miss and unfortunately, this was another miss
  • After one use, I noticed some minor irritation around my lips but I ignored it
  • For best results, I recommend you finish with an application of your favourite lip balm
  • While my experience with the Maracuja Lip Exfoliant was forgettable, I would like to point out that this product is free from parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, petrochemicals, phthalates and triclosan
  • It truly is an average product and as I've said, the same results (or better) can be achieved for just a fraction of the cost

• by Marley Justine

Someday in the not too distant future my goal is to walk into Sephora with a plan and more importantly, not deviate from that plan. I don’t know if I have ever done that and purchasing the Maracuja Lip Exfoliant by Tarte when it was suggested by a bubbly sales associate was a result of not having or sticking to a plan.

My experiences with Tarte products have always been hit or miss and unfortunately, this was another miss. I’ll admit, my expectations may have

been too high, for $21CDN, I was expecting more than just oil and sugar but ultimately, that’s exactly what this is - 0.7oz of sugar and oil for $21CDN. Trust me, you make your own for much less and I find homemade lip scrubs to be more effective than this.

The Maracuja Lip Exfoliant is an easy product to use - simply apply to your lips, scrub gently in a circular motion and then wipe off with a damp cloth. The most difficult part about using this product may be opening the small purple tin that it is packaged in. Something else to keep in mind about the packaging - it may not appeal to a germaphobe. To prevent contamination of the product, be sure to wash your hands or whatever you are using to scoop the scrub out of the tin thoroughly before using.

After one use, I noticed some minor irritation around my lips but I ignored it. After a couple of uses, I noticed my lips were a bit ...

• Tarte Maracuja Lip Exfoliant
      softer, a bit more smooth, but the irritation was getting worse. I stopped using this product after a week and when I did, the irritation quickly cleared up. This is not an especially sensitive area for me so the reaction took me by surprise.

Even though this lip exfoliant boasts its hydrating abilities, remember, you’re wiping it off. For best results, I recommend you finish with an application of your favourite lip balm.

point out that this product is free from parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, petrochemicals, phthalates and triclosan. The minty fragrance is pleasant and it tastes fine on your lips. And as promised, it’s not really greasy.

I’m giving the Maracuja Lip Exfoliant a rating of 5. It truly is an average product and as I’ve said, the same results (or better) can be achieved for just a fraction of the cost. It should not come as a surprise that I do not plan on repurchasing this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130091649501030/k2311a0930/9.30.15