Vicks VapoRub Cough Reliever
  • My problem is that my cough doesn't go away after a week like it should
  • I have been drinking Lagundi and Solmux capsules to help my treatment but to no effect, I don't think these medications really do much to me
  • What I found after researching about coughs online, is to use Vicks VapoRub at night in order to minimize my coughing and have a good night sleep
  • So last night, when it was almost 12 pm and I am really bothered by my cough, I decided to try it
  • I love that even though I haven't felt the menthol effect in my feet, it still managed to be effective

• by Laudemhir Jan Parel

Usually, I get coughs and colds a couple times every year. Probably around thrice or a little bit more than that. I usually have fever around the first day and the second with a cold and then later joined with a cough.

My problem is that my cough doesn’t go away after a week like it should. I have read a lot of websites that stated “Coughs should go away after 5 days or a week”. I usually have to suffer from non-stop coughing around 2 weeks but less than 3

weeks. Fortunately, the cough or the virus goes away and not become a symptom of worrying diseases like pneumonia and tubercolosis.

I have been drinking Lagundi and Solmux capsules to help my treatment but to no effect, I don’t think these medications really do much to me. Still I take them because the doctor told me so.

What I found after researching about coughs online, is to use Vicks VapoRub at night in order to minimize my coughing and have a good night sleep. The article told me that I should rub

Vicks into my soles and cover my feet with socks before I go to sleep.

First, I was hesitant because the article stated that it has no scientific basis. However, the overwhelming support of the public really interested me because they have been claiming that the method of relieving coughs at night using Vicks VapoRub has been very effective.

So last night, when it was almost 12 pm and I am really bothered by my cough, I decided to try it. I rubbed a decent amount of Vicks into the soles of ...

• Vicks VapoRub Cough Reliever
      my feet and then covered them with socks.

I still coughed for 5 minutes or so and during those moments, I was a little bit disappointed because I thought the effect would be automatic. However, to my glorious delight, the next thing I knew was it is already 8 AM in the morning, which meant I have managed to sleep sound and comfortable after using Vicks VapoRub.

Up until tonight, I really can’t believe how Vicks managed to suppress my cough in just a couple of minutes. I love that even

though I haven’t felt the menthol effect in my feet, it still managed to be effective.

Of course it will not work for everybody, as stated, there is no scientific basis on this but most of the time, this kind of treatment or relief works which is really awesome!

Tonight I will be using Vicks VapoRub again, hopefully, it’s not one of those “pure luck” situations. You might want to try this too if you have cough, there are no harms in doing this, if it works like it did with mine then it’s really great!

akkismart says :

Vicks vaporub friendly solution for common cough :
Vicks vaporub is the most essential thing for me to fight with the problem of cough.Due to my personal reason , I get easily affected from weather change or dust, and these things make me either sneeze or running nose.If I take any other medicine then it makes my problem time taking.So I use Vicks in night, it makes my nose open throughout the night, and make me able to get rid of this problem very naturally. if I use any other medicine to subside my cough then it put so many adverse effect like coughing, and feeling drowsy all the day.I simply keep clean hanky to wipe out my nose and use Vicks twice or thrice in a day.It makes me all right without any difficulty , it removes cough very quickly.
As I face this problem very often, so it is quite difficult to consult a doctor and I trust on Vicks.But I use Vicks in different ways according to intensity of problem in normal condition I rub Vicks on nose, neck and forehead.If problem increases then I do massage on chest, neck and back, and also take vapour ,it gives quick action.The use of Vicks has no side effect and due to this reason I have been using Vicks for last five years.in my opinion Vicks is very economical, dependable and also has no side effect.And it makes it very precious for fighting common cold and cough.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2611091648931030/k2311a0911/9.11.15